Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cup Holder Flood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put a foam cup in to my cup holder and there is a little metal tab sticking (more like a paper clip diameter wire) out of the cinchers at the 10:00 position on the driver's side and 2:00 on the passenger side that cut into the cup when you pull it out to drink. Fortunately, there wasn't much left in the cup. But with fluid below the cinchers, it appeared that the cupholders contained the liquid.

Are these tabs normal? Do others have them?

I put a foam cup in to my cup holder and there is a little metal tab sticking (more like a paper clip diameter wire) out of the cinchers at the 10:00 position on the driver's side and 2:00 on the passenger side that cut into the cup when you pull it out to drink. Fortunately, there wasn't much left in the cup. But with fluid below the cinchers, it appeared that the cupholders contained the liquid.

Are these tabs normal? Do others have them?

I don't think mine does (I've used paper and foam cups with no issue). Apparently newer cars do not have the cinchers at all.