TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cup Holder Flood

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by flybob08, Aug 15, 2013.

1. flybob08

flybob08 Member

I put a foam cup in to my cup holder and there is a little metal tab sticking (more like a paper clip diameter wire) out of the cinchers at the 10:00 position on the driver's side and 2:00 on the passenger side that cut into the cup when you pull it out to drink. Fortunately, there wasn't much left in the cup. But with fluid below the cinchers, it appeared that the cupholders contained the liquid.

Are these tabs normal? Do others have them?

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I don't think mine does (I've used paper and foam cups with no issue). Apparently newer cars do not have the cinchers at all.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

The tab is probably a spring for the clincher, which has somehow got dislodged and is sticking out. See if you can push it back in. If not ask Tesla to fix it next time your car is in.

4. strider

strider Active Member

I agree w/ Doug. Sounds like a spring jumped out of its track.

5. towman26

towman26 Member

The cup holder location is the only flaw that I think they didnt really think thru. Even if they would have put them on the back side of the console and the sliders went back over them.

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

??? How would that work? I find them already a bit too far back where they are at the front of the console.

7. AC1K

AC1K Member

its good to know that it wont leak into the center console, however in my car, drinks are not authorized.