Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cup holder insert for larger bottles and cups?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aside from taking up some room by their own thickness, most of the silicone cup holder inserts have bumps that are designed to hold smaller bottles and 12 oz. cans. While a naked M3/MY cup holder can accommodate larger bottles, I still would like to use something that lines the cup holders for easy clean up in case of spills or leaks. Another option I found is an insert between the cup holders that puts spring tension on the bottle. This might work fine for small and larger bottles, it does not line the cup holder to address the spills.

If you know of a cup holder insert that is less thick, has little or no bumps (or bumps that gives way when a larger bottle is inserted), please point the way. Thanks!

Aside from taking up some room by their own thickness, most of the silicone cup holder inserts have bumps that are designed to hold smaller bottles and 12 oz. cans. While a naked M3/MY cup holder can accommodate larger bottles, I still would like to use something that lines the cup holders for easy clean up in case of spills or leaks. Another option I found is an insert between the cup holders that puts spring tension on the bottle. This might work fine for small and larger bottles, it does not line the cup holder to address the spills.

If you know of a cup holder insert that is less thick, has little or no bumps (or bumps that gives way when a larger bottle is inserted), please point the way. Thanks!
Are you looking for something that just prevents the tray from getting dirty with a protective rubber layer, or are you looking for something that holds your drinks better?

Reactions: snovvman
Are you looking for something that just prevents the tray from getting dirty with a protective rubber layer, or are you looking for something that holds your drinks better?

Protective layer is primary. I do not drink 12oz. cans in the car, so the bottles I use are larger. Even coffee cups don't fit well in the many inserts that are designed for 2.6" bottles and cans.

I like the idea of this product: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BV6CJDMJ and have tried it. It gives a nice space for me to put my sunglasses. The issues are 1) cheap material and color, 2) larger-than-2.8" bottles do not fit.

I like the material and color on this one: Amazon.com but the bottles still don't fit.

A protective silicone layer that do not take up so much space inside the cup holder would be great. Thanks.