Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UnknownSoldier

Unknown Member
Apr 17, 2017
Earth
I've looked around a bit with Google and I haven't found it, so I'll ask here.

Is any place selling a cup holder accessory you can attach or put into the Model S yacht floor to add cup holders? I don't necessarily want to spend a full $500 on that Evannex drop-in center console, and I definitely don't want to spend $1250 for the official Tesla center console just to add cup holders which should have been in the S on day 1.

I have seen on Ebay different cup holder accessories which are meant for other cars which also have similar yacht floors. If there isn't specifically one for the S, would one of these fit into the yacht floor on the S?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

here's what I did. In keeping with "yacht floor", those are stainless cup holders from a nautical catalog for a speedboat.
FullSizeRender-8.jpg

• Love
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Check out evamped.com That is what I bought, I have both front and rear. They look like they came with the car. I think they have some sale going on right now, maybe check the Facebook page for a code. That's where they usually post them.

I looked at their site and it's not clear. The Evannex center console requires you to remove the yacht floor first. Does the one at EVamped also require this or can you just put it over the yacht floor! Thanks

Reactions: Jimmy 1
I looked at their site and it's not clear. The Evannex center console requires you to remove the yacht floor first. Does the one at EVamped also require this or can you just put it over the yacht floor! Thanks
You do nothing, Just pop it in. Friction fit. Installs in 2 seconds. Before we got the Model X, my wife liked the Model S without the console. We just popped it in the frunk. They are super easy to deal with. A buddy order the Insane model, had it a month... but wanted to upgrade to the LED model after seeing mine. They took it back with full credit.

• Helpful
Reactions: UnknownSoldier
I just watched the installation video on their site. That's exactly what I need, a cup holder accessory that fits over the yacht floor.

It says that you can buy it in Low Profile and High Profile. Does this just mean how high it is? Do you know roughly how tall the Low and High Profile are?

edit:

Oh okay, they have pictures of High and Low Profile on their Facebook page. Low Profile doesn't cover the USB ports, so that's the one I'll get! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I just watched the installation video on their site. That's exactly what I need, a cup holder accessory that fits over the yacht floor.

It says that you can buy it in Low Profile and High Profile. Does this just mean how high it is? Do you know roughly how tall the Low and High Profile are?

edit:

Oh okay, they have pictures of High and Low Profile on their Facebook page. Low Profile doesn't cover the USB ports, so that's the one I'll get! Thanks for the help!

Exactly, I have the high profile. I just like to hide my cables. I thin they are about 2" difference. The low profile is easier to use, if you use the ports a lot.

I have a couple friends who bought those. They actually work pretty good. I have to say, it looks kind of cheap in the car. Clearly looks like something you just stuck in there. But it does solve the problem, if that's all you're looking for. I think it really depends on what you're trying to solve. If you're just looking for cupholders, that's your best solution. If you want something that looks like it came with the car for fit and finish, the other choice is better.

• Helpful
Reactions: UnknownSoldier
i think it works really really well and holds cups and cans very firmly.... it fits well but not perfectly and i must say that I was pleasantly surprised when i got it.. it was much heavier duty that I imagined and seems very very sturdy....I no longer even want a center console...

I say for $70 take a chance, even if you hate it you can return it to amazon or ebay or where ever you got it...

Odds are you are going to be happy with it and more happy about not spending $1250

You guys convinced me LOL, I ordered the $70 one from Amazon. Tesla Fans/Topfit seem to sell a lot of accessories, I ended up also ordering a keyfob case ($13), a screen protector for the center screen ($40), and a set of trunk/frunk mats ($90) too. Then I saw another seller offering an all-weather floor mat set for $80 and I was all over that. I think I'm pretty set as far as accessories go. Thanks for the help everyone!

• Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1
You guys convinced me LOL, I ordered the $70 one from Amazon. Tesla Fans/Topfit seem to sell a lot of accessories, I ended up also ordering a keyfob case ($13), a screen protector for the center screen ($40), and a set of trunk/frunk mats ($90) too. Then I saw another seller offering an all-weather floor mat set for $80 and I was all over that. I think I'm pretty set as far as accessories go. Thanks for the help everyone!

Lol, the internet does its job again!

Their pano roof shades are awesome, perfect fit and cheap! Mine came with a free silicone keyfob cover/keychain as well.

I was looking at the cup holder but convinced myself it would be thin and floppy. Will it hold a "typical" American drive-thru size cup? I swear they give you a gallon size cup these days, I think a "small" is what used to be a "large" when I was a kid.

Their pano roof shades are awesome, perfect fit and cheap! Mine came with a free silicone keyfob cover/keychain as well.

I was looking at the cup holder but convinced myself it would be thin and floppy. Will it hold a "typical" American drive-thru size cup? I swear they give you a gallon size cup these days, I think a "small" is what used to be a "large" when I was a kid.
1) no it won't hold a big cup.
2) from my personal perspective, I found it really cheesy. all of the compartments have lettering in them. it doesn't really fit precisely. There's a significant gap in front or back depending upon where you slide it.

A nice gentleman from this forum gave me one... I was hoping it was the reasonable $ solution, but I've since gone back to my home-made setup pictured above. Passing along the karma, I will donate it to someone else local to Santa Barbara who wants one.

Reactions: R0b_