Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cupholders in updated X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am clamoring for info on the updated X interior, and today I’m fixated on learning more about cupholders. Where are they in the front? In the S, there are pics of a flip-down rear seat armrest with two cupholders. Will the X have this?

I am clamoring for info on the updated X interior, and today I’m fixated on learning more about cupholders. Where are they in the front? In the S, there are pics of a flip-down rear seat armrest with two cupholders. Will the X have this?
The X will not have a flip down in the 2nd row per a chat I had online with a Tesla advisor. Super bummed about that.

I think the docs mentioned where they’d be in the front of the X. Not where they are today. As for the second row, the rep was unclear. They can’t be where they are today because of the screen (I think)...we shall see.

Perhaps it will be in the fold down center seat arm rest. Might depend on which seating configuration you order.
There is no fold down center arm rest in the second row of the model X in either the 5 or 7 seat config. And there’s no console being offered in the 6 seat config. This is per my convo with Tesla. That’s what I was trying to say above.

I assumed the front cup holder are where they are today, in the center console behind the charger. Looks like it opens the same, but might be wider to allow side-by-side cups instead of front to back.

In the rear, I assume they come out from under the new screen. This is about where they are now.

Set up may be more contemporary, closer to model 3 and Y. The armrest will flip up towards the rear on a hinge to reveal a larger space underneath. Cupholders will be under the sliding console cover. As for the back, I really don’t know where they would put them.

I assumed the front cup holder are where they are today, in the center console behind the charger. Looks like it opens the same, but might be wider to allow side-by-side cups instead of front to back.

In the rear, I assume they come out from under the new screen. This is about where they are now.
Could be. I think they moved in the front. I hope they did. They’re not really usable with two drinks. I think they only use the slide back area in front console for drinks now. We shall see. Either way,
The Model X 7-seater needs the same 2nd Row design at the Model Y. Theres an approx 18" wide middle back section that flips down. Model X needs this so that people in the 3rd row can see the new screen along with the middle row passengers.
Agree, but have no faith in it happening.

Looking at this image after playing with the brightness and contrast, the back cupholder looks like it's below the screen with some extra room. Also, I did not notice from the website, but the screen appears to be recessed and vents look like they are on the top and bottom?

ModelX Back.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: VikH
Looking at this image after playing with the brightness and contrast, the back cupholder looks like it's below the screen with some extra room. Also, I did not notice from the website, but the screen appears to be recessed and vents look like they are on the top and bottom?

View attachment 636831
Good call on the cup holders. Still not ideal given there’s a screen larger drinks may block, but okay.

As for vents, I hope they’re effective wherever they are!

View attachment 636831

That was my guess also. That is where they are in my 2018 X.