Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb rash diy solution on 21 inch wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for those of you who want to repair your curb rash without spending $150 to $200 an easy fix which costs all of $10. I must begin by saying that this fix will not look as good as a professional and if you have an extremely deep gouge will not work. I have done this process many times on my 21's and most people could not tell from a distance that I had curb rash. You start with an 80 grit sand paper and be careful not to slip as you are sanding onto the surface of the rim. Fold the sandpaper up to where it is around 1 inch wide and start sanding back and forth on the affected area. Once you get the majority of the rash smooth then go back with 150 grit and smooth it even more. Then take 0000 steel wool and blend it even more. Tape off the main part of the wheel and lightly spray clear lacquer over the sanded area. Takes 15 minutes and although you can see the affected area looks very nice. I have learned how to avoid rash over the last year so have not had to use the above procedure lately. Will try to post a picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 574
Last edited: