Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb Rash Poll

Curb Rash Poll - select 1

• By some miracle, I don't have curb rash YET !

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I have minor curb rash on 1 wheel

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I have minor curb rash on 2 wheels

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • 1 or more rims need to be repaired due to curb rash

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • I replaced 1 or more rims due to curb rash

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I selected 1 wheel.

One car in front of me at red light where I wanted to turn right. Of course, they were nowhere near the left side of the right lane. I think I had about two inches of clearance between my left mirror and their car, and then I heard the grating noise from my right rear wheel.
I was only going about 2 mph, but it was enough to do the damage. :-(

It would be nice if the rubber of the tire extended farther out from the wheel than the rim.

Some new choices should be added, such as "My wheels wear protection" (i.e. Alloy Gators) and "I don't yet have my model S".

I have a set of Alloy Gators waiting to be installed when I get my model S, hopefully in 12 days.

It took a couple weeks to receive them from the UK.

-Aaron

Green Model S Perf with Pano Roof, Tan Interior, 21" Grey Wheels, Sound, Tech, Expected 2/23 - 3/9

What do I pick? I rashed 3 wheels, but got them repaired at the service center without wheel replacement.

"1 or more rims need to be repaired due to curb rash" would fit your situation. :scared:

- - - Updated - - -

Some new choices should be added, such as "My wheels wear protection" (i.e. Alloy Gators) and "I don't yet have my model S".

I have a set of Alloy Gators waiting to be installed when I get my model S, hopefully in 12 days.

It took a couple weeks to receive them from the UK.

-Aaron

Green Model S Perf with Pano Roof, Tan Interior, 21" Grey Wheels, Sound, Tech, Expected 2/23 - 3/9

The poll is to see how wide spread/severe the problem is. In your case the "miracle" in choice #1 is that your
"wheels wear protection."

we put the Alloy Gators on ASAP after reading the stories and seeing the pictures. it's really taken a load of worry off our minds. the gators come with a nice little tool for trimming the birs off when curbing occurs. the 21's are worth it, they are beautiful! http://www.alloygator.com/

oh, and one more thing, I think it would be worth having a separate poll for the 19" wheels, it would be very interesting to see how many of the folks with 19's still get rash.