Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb rash repair.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently sitting in CA picking up my CPO after I noticed that a fully loaded P90DL was going to be the same price as buying out my lease.

The car is perfect except for some minor curb rash on 2 wheels, has anyone had their wheels repaired?

I'd love to see some pics as well if possible.

Thsnks.

I'm currently sitting in CA picking up my CPO after I noticed that a fully loaded P90DL was going to be the same price as buying out my lease.

The car is perfect except for some minor curb rash on 2 wheels, has anyone had their wheels repaired?

Thsnks.

What part of Florida are you in? Most curb rash is easy to fix. I had this done in Orlando a few weeks back. Came to my house on Friday and brought the wheels back Monday evening. Around $150-$200 per wheel.

20181026_151704.jpg
20181109_074951.jpg
20181112_183947.jpg

Thsnks.

Simple repair. Typically around $175 (give or take $25) per wheel. Takes about a day. Once done you'll never know the difference. If you call around you might be able to find out who Tesla uses to repair their wheels. I know the shop in Palm Beach that they use but that doesn't help you very much.

You might want to purchase some rim protection bands once the rash is fixed. I just did. Got them for my 3 but might also get them for my S.
Wheel Bands Kit for Tesla Model 3. They have them for the X also. The bands are suppose to protect rash at 5 mph or less. I am hopeful they will work just in case. In addition, I try to use Autopark when parallel parking since it does a better job than myself at not getting too close to the curb. Orlando has its share of round-abouts at residential intersections which require due care also.