TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Curb rash

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Black Beauty, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Black Beauty

Black Beauty Member

Still getting used to my MX, pull up to the garage at work with a gate (3 lanes 4-5" concrete dividers), and... *crunch. Doesn't look too bad, but will definitely need to patch up the wheels (matte black 22s).

Well, anyone recommend a little paint filler for a quick and dirty touch up? Might stop by the local Autozone to see what they recommend.

2. Black Beauty

Black Beauty Member

So covered it up with a little bit of black acrylic paint, sprayed in a cup and applied with a Qtip :). I'm sure once it gets some added scars will do an actual repair, but works for now! You can't really tell unless you bend down and look at it in detail. Works for me!

• Like x 1
  3. KBurbridge14

KBurbridge14 Member

I use a Black Sharpie in between professional repairs.

• Like x 1
  4. HolmbyX

HolmbyX New Member

Came here for the same exact issue. I'm currently looking at wheel band kits on ebay (link). Has anyone used these? too cheesy?