Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curbed 21" wheels again...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hong kong has tight curbs everywhere. "downgrading" to 19" rims actually makes quite a bit of sense since you get much less rim scrape. I drive rather carefully, and even with that, my 19" rims are still quite scuffed up. i'm considering to either use those rim guards or plastic dip.

forget about repainting until the 3yr buyback or when you want to sell - I have the cheap black taobao HKD60 rim "protectors" which don't protect the rim but cover up the scratches on my 21" grey turbine. The black is very inconspicuous does a good job. Scratched my 3 times now in the 3 months I've had the car. Now drive like a grandpa in tight areas and carparks to avoid. Tried to park in Aberdeen and scraped the curb because the road was so ridiculously narrow and this car is so wide...

Hey guys. Just stumbled onto this thread. For those of you having issues with curbing wheels we partnered with BBS to develop our own set of wheels specifically for the Model S. We knew that the width of a Model S was an issue so we developed our wheels with removable wheel protectors so they can easily be popped off and replaced rather than repairing the actual wheel. Might be a good option for anyone having this issue

We have a distributor in HK. Stamina Performance Tesla 改裝配件

10576975_742103902529151_6438072622487338610_n.jpg
E16A1145resized.jpg
13221111_1090766954329509_464745899838088968_n.jpg

same here, i scratched my rim the fourth day after i picked up my car.... it was in hk station carpark (the entrance is tight), i've always parked my old car there the last 2 years and never scratch the rim... i have to admit the model s is wide and the side mirrors make it even wider...

Reactions: teddytoons
Well, my poor wife is used to driving an Escalade. her first time solo in my MS she dings the rim on a curb.:confused: The second time, she scrapes paint off the underside of the front bumper.:( So, I don't care, I'm buying old school curb feelers and paint them matte black. It's, better than spending $$$ on repairs. When I do, I'll post a picture here to let others gauge the practicality against esthetics. Until Tesla comes out with a way to have "electronic curb feelers", I think that's the way its gonna be for me.

Well, my poor wife is used to driving an Escalade.
her first time solo in my MS she dings the rim on a curb.:confused:
The second time, she scrapes paint off the underside of the front bumper.:(
So, I don't care, I'm buying old school curb feelers and paint them matte black.
It's, better than spending $$$ on repairs.
When I do, I'll post a picture here to let others gauge the practicality against aesthetics.
Until Tesla comes out with a way to have "electronic curb feelers",
I think that's the way its gonna be for me.

I noticed that the Honda Civic have a right side view camera providing a side view when backing up.
29fd2e8fea26978f4ccb167cbf68ba5ex.jpg

I am considering adding a new camera and using a switch to select the rear or the right view on the monitor screen.
honda-lanewatch.jpg

Of course, it would be nicer to use the camera from the AP.
5-side-repeater-cam-2.jpg