Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curbed my 3. Underside scratched up. Advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without more detail, I can't say. It's tough to tell from the pictures what/where is damaged, but it looks minor. Generally speaking, the bottom of cars are pretty resilient. Unless there is a major gouge, I wouldn't worry too much, but a Tesla SC can provide peace of mind. When I hear "curbing", I think of a rim hitting a curb, JFYI.
R Elam. I did the same type of thing with a 2week old S. That is not part of the battery and totally cosmetic. There is an aluminum plate bottom for the battery. I hung mine up on a pointed rock hitting the battery plate,also. 2 years later all still fine. Tesla’s are tough underneath.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisH
Lol your posts are hilarious sometimes. This was a case of I literally did not see the curb. It’s an odd intersection. The yellow route is the turn out of the drive thru and the red circled area is where I hit.

fxtdv6.jpg
Making a right hand turn is always the most dangerous for curbs and ROCKS.
Drivers keep hitting large rock in suburban Calgary parking lot | CBC News

Lol your posts are hilarious sometimes. This was a case of I literally did not see the curb. It’s an odd intersection. The yellow route is the turn out of the drive thru and the red circled area is where I hit.

fxtdv6.jpg
Is that one of those topless coffee drive through stands like the ones often found in WA state? Perhaps you were distracted and didn’t see the curb.:D

• Funny
Reactions: Lon12
Not thinking, I drove over a large rock on a gravel road going about 50 mph that I thought I would clear but didn't and the bang and scraping noise made with think I did major damage and I almost thought the car would tell me to pull over and get out then burn up on the road, especially since that was what happened when an S hit a trailer hitch at high speed on the highway and it punctured the battery pack. But long story short, all is fine with mine. There's marks and scrapes under my S but service looked at it and said all is fine. I did have the titanium plate installed prior when there was a recall for it, and the fact that the road was gravel/dirt allowed it to absorb some of the impact. Needless to say, I now get out and move any questionably sized rock. No SAS on my S. Your 3 looks fine to me but as stated by others, always a good idea to have service take a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike and ChrisH