Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curious 25KW ChargePoint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GRiLLA

Jul 5, 2020
UK
Google Maps started showing a charge point had appeared on a business estate near me, so I went to have an investigate. It's at a Regus center, a kind co-working space where people can book meeting rooms or desks for an hourly fee.

1648397327729.png

I've never heard of a 25KW CCS only charger before, or 'mer' but thought it's a rather neat idea. It's only available to their clients (barriers on the car park) but if you think that the typical stay time might be 2-3 hours then the speed is about right really. I can think of lots of other places such as retail, cinemas, restaurants where you might stay a similar amount of time and 7 or 11KW really isn't enough by 25KW would be ideal.
Anyway well done to Regus and mer for doing something sensible for their customers. It's a shame that you need to pay via their app (£0.39/KWH) rather than contactless.

Reactions: adsheff
Google Maps started showing a charge point had appeared on a business estate near me, so I went to have an investigate. It's at a Regus center, a kind co-working space where people can book meeting rooms or desks for an hourly fee.

View attachment 786639

I've never heard of a 25KW CCS only charger before, or 'mer' but thought it's a rather neat idea. It's only available to their clients (barriers on the car park) but if you think that the typical stay time might be 2-3 hours then the speed is about right really. I can think of lots of other places such as retail, cinemas, restaurants where you might stay a similar amount of time and 7 or 11KW really isn't enough by 25KW would be ideal.
Anyway well done to Regus and mer for doing something sensible for their customers. It's a shame that you need to pay via their app (£0.39/KWH) rather than contactless.
I installed the MER app last year because they have a charger in Bridport which was close to where we were visiting ... never used it though. I certainly wouldn't be sniffy about 25kW!