Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curious about how often trim is mismatched

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

flar

Apr 20, 2013
I took delivery on Friday. We were a little rushed with plans later that evening and rainy rush hour traffic getting worse and worse, but we did look pretty closely at things like panel alignments and gaps and were generally happy that the car looked symmetric and solid - a few misalignments by a millimeter or 2 in a couple of places, but nothing that caught the eye without staring.

About a day later a friend is in the back seat and asks "should my door have some white on it"? I have the white seats and each door should have a white insert on the arm rest piece, but well, no - 3 doors have white arm rests and one has black. D'oh!

I emailed my DS and other team members and I'm guessing it will be replaced soon, but I'm just curious if others have had this happen on their cars as well (and how long was it before anyone noticed?)

This was definitely a "didn't see the forest for the trees" kind of situation...

• Funny
Reactions: dragonxt
Meh... could be worse!! :)

http://jalopnik.com/bmw-has-at-least-one-quality-control-inspector-who-play-1793020065

upload_2017-3-26_8-51-51.png

I took delivery on Friday. We were a little rushed with plans later that evening and rainy rush hour traffic getting worse and worse, but we did look pretty closely at things like panel alignments and gaps and were generally happy that the car looked symmetric and solid - a few misalignments by a millimeter or 2 in a couple of places, but nothing that caught the eye without staring.

About a day later a friend is in the back seat and asks "should my door have some white on it"? I have the white seats and each door should have a white insert on the arm rest piece, but well, no - 3 doors have white arm rests and one has black. D'oh!

I emailed my DS and other team members and I'm guessing it will be replaced soon, but I'm just curious if others have had this happen on their cars as well (and how long was it before anyone noticed?)

This was definitely a "didn't see the forest for the trees" kind of situation...
Lol, would love to see some pics.

I inspected my model x today with much disappointment, gaps every where, paint with many blemishes including the alloys.
Inside one of two scratches with a noisy slow, passenger window.

Now I'm not sure if I am being pedantic but should I raise a point about the arm rest? Doesn't seem together and straight.

I think they grabbed the wrong Falcon Wing Door. They probably discovered their mistake when they realized they were one door short for the other X with an all-black interior.