TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Curious about how often trim is mismatched

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by flar, Mar 25, 2017.

1. flar

flar Member

I took delivery on Friday. We were a little rushed with plans later that evening and rainy rush hour traffic getting worse and worse, but we did look pretty closely at things like panel alignments and gaps and were generally happy that the car looked symmetric and solid - a few misalignments by a millimeter or 2 in a couple of places, but nothing that caught the eye without staring.

About a day later a friend is in the back seat and asks "should my door have some white on it"? I have the white seats and each door should have a white insert on the arm rest piece, but well, no - 3 doors have white arm rests and one has black. D'oh!

I emailed my DS and other team members and I'm guessing it will be replaced soon, but I'm just curious if others have had this happen on their cars as well (and how long was it before anyone noticed?)

This was definitely a "didn't see the forest for the trees" kind of situation...

• Funny x 1
  2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

• Funny x 4
  3. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

Lol, would love to see some pics.

4. flar

flar Member

Note rear door, arm rest and above...

20170326_121002.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  5. DougH

DougH Active Member

Personally, I have never seen or heard for the happening before.

It's sort of funny.

6. bushburner

bushburner Member

pretty wild.

7. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I wonder there is a customer out there (maybe off by 1 VIN number) with the opposite situation (black interior with 1 white trimmed fwd)?

• Funny x 1
  8. doublebo7

doublebo7 Member

I inspected my model x today with much disappointment, gaps every where, paint with many blemishes including the alloys.
    Inside one of two scratches with a noisy slow, passenger window.

Now I'm not sure if I am being pedantic but should I raise a point about the arm rest? Doesn't seem together and straight.

9. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

I think they grabbed the wrong Falcon Wing Door. They probably discovered their mistake when they realized they were one door short for the other X with an all-black interior.