TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Curious about Model X center console

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by David29, Jan 22, 2016.

1. David29

David29 Member

#1 David29, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    I was able to peek into the interior of a Model X at the Dedham, MA store today. One of the details I noticed is that the center console looked to be larger (certainly wider and maybe higher) than the Model S console, but nominally the external design appeared similar.
    So, would any Model X owner like to please comment on the console: Is the interior configuration similar to the X, or if not, what are the differences? (Removable/configurable cup holders, mount for cellphones, access to the 12 V outlet, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

After my initial post, I found some photos of the console, here:
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/59265-Photos-of-Model-X-details

2. Marcus Adolfsson

It seems identical to the S in functionality.

- Two cupholders
    - Cell phone holder (although I have not seen the auto-docking stuff that was talked about during the reveal)
    - 12V port and 2 USB ports

The main change is that the cover over the cup holders is spring loaded, and that the cover over the phone section is black leather instead of the trim material.

3. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

The phone cradle will auto plug the phone without reaching for a cord -- popular phone (I-phone and Samsung)...