Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curious if anyone is running Autopilot Convenience Features on AP2 HW?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Was looking at at a Model X 60D for sale and noticed the order agreement had Autopilot Convenience Features but the car is AP2.

Just curious if anyone is running under this configuration and what it is like for curiosity purposes?

If I am going to take a guess, ACF performs identically to EAP! Could have saved $2,500 off the car back in 2016?

Was looking at at a Model X 60D for sale and noticed the order agreement had Autopilot Convenience Features but the car is AP2.

Just curious if anyone is running under this configuration and what it is like for curiosity purposes?

If I am going to take a guess, ACF performs identically to EAP! Could have saved $2,500 off the car back in 2016?

You don't get Navigate on Autopilot with Autopilot Convenience Features. (Essentially you only get features available on an AP1 car with Autopilot.)

The reason I say that is at least one person didn't have NoA and the SC said it was because they only had Autopilot Convenience Features. They had to show that they paid for EAP and then go their car configuration updated so that NoA was available.

Could have saved $2,500 off the car back in 2016?

The only people that had the option for the cheaper ACF is the ones that ordered AP on an AP1 hardware car but ended up with a AP2 hardware car.

I'm sure it isn't a different code fork, it is just a flag to enable an option or set of options. (Just like not having the correct maps loaded in the car prevents NoA from getting enabled.)

True. Even the detection of ACF cars is pretty impressive. I would think they would not track this as some Model 3s have free EAP installed. Probably a rejected delivery but amazing Tesla wouldn’t track that but would track ACF.

Reactions: MIT_S60 and MP3Mike
True. Even the detection of ACF cars is pretty impressive. I would think they would not track this as some Model 3s have free EAP installed. Probably a rejected delivery but amazing Tesla wouldn’t track that but would track ACF.
They would have to track or it wouldn't have been fare to the folks who were in the same scenario, opted-in, and paid the $2000 difference.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
They would have to track or it wouldn't have been fare to the folks who were in the same scenario, opted-in, and paid the $2000 difference.

I don’t disagree - I paid the difference while car was in production.

In terms of scale, it’s just head scratching they catch this but not free EAP on Model 3s.

Also I’ve heard of free P on AWD. Those folks are understandably not extremely vocal about it.

I don’t disagree - I paid the difference while car was in production.

In terms of scale, it’s just head scratching they catch this but not free EAP on Model 3s.

Also I’ve heard of free P on AWD. Those folks are understandably not extremely vocal about it.
I was in the same boat and opted in. I would have been more than happy if they would have just given it to us all for the price of AP1 in this scenario. But, they didn't. So, opt-outs should get what they paid for, no AP2 benefits and functionality.

• Disagree
I disagree. Those folks paid for AP1 and did not opt to pay for the EAP functionality. AP1 does not have blind spot, so neither should the opt-outs. They should have paid the extra $2000 for EAP.

You are missing the whole point, blind-spot monitor is not an EAP feature. Anyone that buys a car with AP2, or newer, hardware gets blind-spot monitoring. It doesn't matter if they purchase EAP or not.

So why would having paid for ACF take a feature away from someone?

You are missing the whole point, blind-spot monitor is not an EAP feature. Anyone that buys a car with AP2, or newer, hardware gets blind-spot monitoring. It doesn't matter if they purchase EAP or not.

So why would having paid for ACF take a feature away from someone?
You are not getting the point of the scenario and options given to us few who were impacted by the AP1 to AP2 switch. The ACF designation was in lieu of the AP1 confirmed and ordered builds with the AP1 price tag. When Tesla stopped production and switched all Xs to AP2, Telsa emailed all AP1 ordered build owners and gave us all the option to pay the extra $2000 or keep AP1 hardware equivalent capabilities on AP2 hardware. Most of us paid the difference. The folks that didn't shouldn't get any AP2 benefits which include the blind spot detection. So this isn't an AP1 vs EAP discussion, it is an AP1 capabilities vs. AP2 capabilities.

Actually AP1 comes with blind-spot monitoring. Remember those animation in the corner when you have cars in the blind spot? They don't work very well or are very accurate, but AP1 cars have it. I think it's a standard safety feature?

I guess MP3Mike is correct. Blind-spot monitoring isn't listed as an AP1 or EAP feature. Of course I also don't disagree with your thought.

• Informative
It’s interesting they still remember “taking care” of these customers who opted to get ACF by not giving them anything extra. Do they get blind spot monitoring or not?
The ACF should be considered an opt-out of AP2 capabilities since those builds already had confirmed AP1 configurations. So really it was a default action. Tesla didn't give anyone the option for a refund if they ordered AP1, received AP2, but didn't want EAP. They defaulted to what they ordered, AP1 equivalency.

You are not getting the point of the scenario and options given to us few who were impacted by the AP1 to AP2 switch. The ACF designation was in lieu of the AP1 confirmed and ordered builds with the AP1 price tag. When Tesla stopped production and switched all Xs to AP2, Telsa emailed all AP1 ordered build owners and gave us all the option to pay the extra $2000 or keep AP1 hardware equivalent capabilities on AP2 hardware. Most of us paid the difference. The folks that didn't shouldn't get any AP2 benefits which include the blind spot detection. So this isn't an AP1 vs EAP discussion, it is an AP1 capabilities vs. AP2 capabilities.

Blind-spot monitoring is part of the Autopilot Safety Features that every car gets. I see no reason why Tesla should take that away from a small sub-set of people that elected to stay at AP level functionality. (Not AP1 functionality.)

Do Model 3s without EAP get the blind spot feature?

I could be wrong but I am under the impression Tesla is giving safety features to every car it can regardless of software purchased?

From a marketing standpoint, Tesla would be smart to list all the safety features under EAP including BSM even if you get BSM without it.

Can’t be sued for over delivering. Better optics and any Tesla crash is under a magnifying glass compared to other auto.

I was in the same boat and opted in. I would have been more than happy if they would have just given it to us all for the price of AP1 in this scenario. But, they didn't. So, opt-outs should get what they paid for, no AP2 benefits and functionality.
On the other hand since those are early AP2 cars, they paid for AP1 and did not get it until fairly recently, ~1.5 years? Some would argue the parity is STILL not there (esp. if you look at the speed limits sign recognitions and such).

On the other hand since those are early AP2 cars, they paid for AP1 and did not get it until fairly recently, ~1.5 years? Some would argue the parity is STILL not there (esp. if you look at the speed limits sign recognitions and such).
I don't disagree. But, the early AP2 ppl are receiving a settlement based on when your AP2 vehicle was delivered. The checks in the mail. Personally, the autosteer responsiveness of AP2 surpassed AP1 a year ago. I have many parts of my daily drive that AP1 couldn't handle where AP2 can.

• Funny