TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Curious visitor re Hawaii Teslas

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by TNEVol, Sep 8, 2013.

1. TNEVol

TNEVol Member

Back in HI again. Visiting Big Island and then Kaua'i. While driving my rental ICE down Saddle Road (opened yesterday) I wondered if anyone has driven a MS across the Big Island or up Mauna Kea. I couldn't help but think about the trip up and the regen down. I have separation anxiety and check the app every day. Would love some unique Tesla talk from HI.

2. spleen

spleen Active Member

I'm sure Jeff and his wife has by now. Maybe he'll chime in?

3. jeffdhood

jeffdhood Member

Sorry guys, I just went to page two for the first time in months. Sort of the thought the newer postings were on page one. Anyway; we haven't made the trip to Hilo yet, but twice this week we've driven to the top of the newest section of DKI Highway (formerly known as Saddle Road) and coasted back down the 10 mile stretch to see how much juice we would make. Both times we increased our range by 6 miles! I was impressed. I'm planning on going to the Plug In America gathering in Hilo. I'll try to give you folks a meaningful report on consuption and production. Please keep in mind, though, that although I'm a gadget geek, I'm technically challenged.

4. spleen

spleen Active Member

These two statements seem contradictory, lol

5. jeffdhood

jeffdhood Member

My life is a contradiction... For example, I don't like to work. So, I worked 100 hours a week for 30 years so I could have 6 months a year off and retire when I'm 50. That retirement lasted exactly 2 weeks. Go figure.