Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curious - what hardware upgrades have they performed on the Model S thus far?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure they did suspension bushings on my car even though they weren't failing. They've done a ton of other TSB's since I have an early VIN car that I personally don't believe would have been TSBs at most other car companies.

They are upgrades in the sense that a newer, better designed part is available (v2 door handles, dome lights, defroster vents, brake rotors, battery shield, etc), so when you bring your car in for service they swap them out for the newer, better part.

They are not upgrades in the sense of "we've added some parking sensors to your car since those are included in the tech package now."

What kind of hardware upgrades were you expecting?

there are some tsb's they just apply at annual service. However door handles, lights, AC deadening etc are only done if you ask. And if you look at service bill, it will say warranty. Not objecting that there are upgrades spplied selectively. Just pointing out they are not via service plan.

- - -

Other upgrades provided have included a small re-working of the rear wheel well shields - a small grinding away at a critical point so as to preclude any rubbing of brake lines (newer vehicles would have the shields thus shaped), and a slightly different front seal on the pano roof. Has someone mentioned suspension bushings changed out?

Reason for this thread? Here it is:

I've been wondering loudly if the service plans are worth it, and if the ESA is valid without getting yearly service. Then a purported Tesla service tech posted this in my thread:

But you realize with how often firmware is changed and how often hardware is updated that it is important to come in to get those applied to your vehicle? Not every firmware update is over the air, and Tesla will not reach to out to you for mandatory bulletins to be applied to your vehicle. It is important to come in and get your car serviced every year.

So of course I was curious what he was talking about. Conclusion? Sounds like it's all really warranty stuff, not service plan stuff that is done to our cars.