Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current 10 busiest Superchargers, worldwide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

this screen is in the lounge at the new Kettleman City California Supercharger. It rotates through the top 10 Superchargers over the past 24 hours, highlighting each one while showing an aerial view of the highlighted location in the background.

249305CC-561F-4116-B752-457B073C114D.jpeg

AC67E31A-ADB5-4DBA-B80A-B882A117B772.jpeg

Fascinating. How things have changed during the last three years.
I would never have guessed Bejing was on the top
5 CA stations, 4 in China (yes Hong Kong is now China) and Amsterdam
But I'm assuming that in China less people charge at home (particularly in Hong Kong)...?

I am not surprised that some of the top ones are in China. My guess is that most people there are not charging at home. Surprised that Amsterdam made the list and not a location in Norway. Also, surprised that San Mateo is no longer in top 10

Amsterdam is on the list probably because of all the Tesla taxis at AMS.
All the others are fairly predicable Insuppose.

With the huge locations opening maybe that list will change, and probably Model 3 will have continuing effects.

I have little idea what this means, but it certainly is interesting.

From the "Lies, Dammed Lies and Statistics" department:
Momentary average of Fremont kWh delivered is 70% of Beijing average kWh delivered. (36.5 vs 51.7)
6 p.m. on a Holiday Weekend Saturday in Fremont v.s. 8 a.m. Sunday morning in China
. . . .er, it might be interesting to find out how deep Tesla analyzes all of the data collected and how that may guide expansion etc.

Hard to believe only 3 of 12 stalls in use at the factory ...at rush hour! I've always had to wait when on trips out there, even at 10pm.

When I raised my phone to take a photo of a similar screen in Hawthorne, the security guard politely asked me not to. I complied. Hope they're easing up: I don't see any reason for this to be some sort of secret -- especially when it's on public display in several places!

Hard to believe only 3 of 12 stalls in use at the factory ...at rush hour! I've always had to wait when on trips out there, even at 10pm.

When I raised my phone to take a photo of a similar screen in Hawthorne, the security guard politely asked me not to. I complied. Hope they're easing up: I don't see any reason for this to be some sort of secret -- especially when it's on public display in several places!

I imagine it's something like with the Supercharger status - they provide it in every car, but when one of our forum gurus started pulling it outside the car and aggregating it, they reached out to him and asked him to stop.

I think they're worried that giving out too much information about Tesla owner charging habits will give their competition a leg up, maybe?

That's not entirely compatible with the Tesla that's encouraging everyone to join in because they want to change the industry rather than becoming the industry, but we see both versions of Tesla fairly regularly.

this screen is in the lounge at the new Kettleman City California Supercharger. It rotates through the top 10 Superchargers over the past 24 hours, highlighting each one while showing an aerial view of the highlighted location in the background.

View attachment 262792

View attachment 262794
Nice to see that Amsterdam Europe is so high, would be nice to see how many Kwh per stall is delivered. Bigger stalls will always be in the top 10 otherwise.

I imagine it's something like with the Supercharger status - they provide it in every car, but when one of our forum gurus started pulling it outside the car and aggregating it, they reached out to him and asked him to stop.

I think they're worried that giving out too much information about Tesla owner charging habits will give their competition a leg up, maybe?

That's not entirely compatible with the Tesla that's encouraging everyone to join in because they want to change the industry rather than becoming the industry, but we see both versions of Tesla fairly regularly.

Actually I wonder if it's more of a "left hand doesn't know what the right hand" is doing sort of thing. (I've seen that display at the Dublin, CA service center lounge as well.) I had the impression that there was a "no pictures" policy at the design center, in general, but I've only been there once.

As far as Hong Kong charging, I'm not in any way surprised. It almost feels like the SF Bay Area, there are so many Teslas there, and home charging is pretty scarce. (Although earlier this year I visited a high-end condo complex where there was a circuit to every stall in the parking garage, and a lot of residents had mounted HWPCs at their stalls, like maybe half of them?)

Bruce.

On Saturday, November 19, I was in the Delaware welcome plaza off of 95, and while I was there 10-11 of the 12 slots were consistently filled. I’ve been there a number of times before and each time the occupancy is higher.

What I noticed immediately, however, was for some reason the charging rate was much higher than it had been in the past. At some point I was getting rates of over 320 mph. While that may be the rate that was touted before, it’s first time I’ve ever seen it that high.

On Saturday, November 19, I was in the Delaware welcome plaza off of 95, and while I was there 10-11 of the 12 slots were consistently filled. I’ve been there a number of times before and each time the occupancy is higher.

What I noticed immediately, however, was for some reason the charging rate was much higher than it had been in the past. At some point I was getting rates of over 320 mph. While that may be the rate that was touted before, it’s first time I’ve ever seen it that high.

What time of day was this? I've been there a few times and driven by it many more times, but I've never seen it that busy - and now there are two more sites within 30 miles.

Interesting. Would love to see another slice of data that shows how many Teslas are active each week in major cities... e.g. Vancouver has no Superchargers at all, and yet I suspect it could be in the the Top 10 worldwide for number of Teslas in a major city.