Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current best guesses on delivery time, please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phantasms

Mr Self Destruct
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2019
White Mountains, NH
Hi all,

Seems I’m the only one who posts around here these days. Apologies?

What is the current best guess on delivery timelines for the Roadster?

Musk said Fremont manufacturing makes sense so there’s no need to wait for Austin.

Cybertruck takes priority $$ wise but one would assume Roadster development has gone quite far at this point. I’m not certain that Cybertruck needs to be in production before Roadster.

Musk also said Roadster will be at Nurburgring next year. I would guess that’s not for development but for showing off a more finished product.

One would assume the Kato cell line could cover Roadster and Plaid S.

The reason I’m very curious now is that I’ll be trading my 2018 Model 3 AWD in for the Roadster. If I’ll have my Model 3 for another 18+ months I’ll jump on the FSD before price increase. If we think it’ll be around when Plaid S comes out...I’ll wait.

Thanks!

I think it will be 2022 at the earliest.

ugh. While that does suck, I guess it gives my monthly payment mechanism, TSLA shares, more time to appreciate.

My guess based on my initial post details and a gallon of hope is late 2021. I'd guess Plaid S comes out earlier than expected, around beginning of Q2. The wave of buyers purchase that "fastest production car ever". Then in Q3 the new hotness arrives.

Reactions: engle and wreighven
Considering Elon said on Joe Rogan’s podcast that the Roadster is coming until after the Cybertruck, and he just said on the earnings call this week that they might deliver a small number of Cybertrucks in late 2021 if all goes well, it all but confirms 2022 at the earliest for Roadster. My personal expectation is Fall 2022 for Founders Series, if we're lucky. If it’s any sooner than that I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

@phantasms May I ask where the Nurburgring comment came from? I must’ve missed it. Cheers!

Considering Elon said on Joe Rogan’s podcast that the Roadster is coming until after the Cybertruck, and he just said on the earnings call this week that they might deliver a small number of Cybertrucks in late 2021 if all goes well, it all but confirms 2022 at the earliest for Roadster. My personal expectation is Fall 2022 for Founders Series, if we're lucky. If it’s any sooner than that I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

@phantasms May I ask where the Nurburgring comment came from? I must’ve missed it. Cheers!

hmm. Makes sense. Thank you. If you’re correct I’d be looking at 2023. Damn. Maybe I should just grab a P3 or actually use my Plaid S deposit. Hey maybe by the time the Plaid S comes out FSD will be solved and I’ll have enough TSLA equity to comfortably get the Plaid S and then roll it over into the Roadster when the time comes.

Ah well. It’ll be worth the wait I’m sure.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1307780937007149057?s=215DF1E003-0F75-47B8-AD92-8821B328F338.png

Reactions: ryanjm
Did literally no one post the update from today? lol

Summer of 2022 I break the cross country EV record. :)

CBA97AF3-59F3-40AF-9AD9-8344BA44F20D.png