Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Best Tesla Loan Rate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried applying for DCU. Got as far as putting in my other banks account and transfer numbers. Then the DCU website timed out. So I clicked on the link to start where I left off. Since I was in the process of applying, I don’t have a password yet. Clicked on the link for a new password and nothing is getting sent to my email. I called DCU and they said they have to push it to someone that can unlock my account and I should here back in 3 business days. That was last week and haven’t heard anything yet.

Anyhow now my tesla is ready to pick up tomorrow and I have the tesla loan at 2.75 because of the recent rate hikes.

How long will DCU take to fix my account? What’s the timeline between a direct deposit and getting a loan through DCU? What’s the refinance process/ additional fees from tesla loan to DCU? I looked over teslas loan documents and it didn’t say anything about prepayment penalty’s.

Last edited:
Separated a few months ago so I am not active anymore and applied with NFCU. Applied for a 72 auto loan and got a rate of 1.99 even when they advertised it at 2.29. I was a bit surprised as I thought they made a mistake lol credit score is at 800 right now.

So yeah maybe they don't advertise their best rates, not sure why.

I think the difference might be "active or retired military" vs "those whom have never served but are members. I doubt its a credit score thing, because my debt to income ratio is very low, and my credit score hovers between 820 and 850 so I dont normally have issues qualifying for whatever the stated rates for credit are.

This is exactly what I did. I financed through Tesla, kept it simple, put minimum down (taxes/fees only), and then when I had my Tesla loan, I paid the remainder of my intended true "Down Payment" into the Tesla loan, and then just re-financed into DCU for 65 months @ 1.24%.

DCU won't charge any fees, nor most major lenders, but I did see this in my Tesla Finance agreement:

View attachment 778495

I was not charged anything with US Bank (My Tesla preferred lender I guess), but you should be able to confirm with Tesla/Lender prior to taking delivery. I don't know if this refers to making a payment before it's due, or if it's referring to early pay off. This looks like standard lender language to me though.
Wow this is good to know. I've never had an auto loan that could give you a prepayment penalty. That is a deal breaker for me.

I applied for a loan before DCU's rates went up but they are only honoring those rates (1.24%) until the end of March. My Y isn't due until April-May.

Disappointing that they are increasing the rate after I applied. They are just waiting on the MVPA to finalize the loan but obviously I can't get that until a few days before I get the car.

Become a member, start direct deposit, apply, get MVPA from Tesla with DCU listed as lender, upload it to DCU, call DCU and get everything squared away (lower rate for direct deposit and EV), DCU sent a check directly to me via FedEx, then just gave the check to the delivery center when I picked up the car.

Become a member, start direct deposit, apply, get MVPA from Tesla with DCU listed as lender, upload it to DCU, call DCU and get everything squared away (lower rate for direct deposit and EV), DCU sent a check directly to me via FedEx, then just gave the check to the delivery center when I picked up the car.
Did you become a member during the loan application process? Or did you become a member before hand?