Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Best Tesla Loan Rate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have another newbie question, when you apply for a car loan with many of the credit unions, they need a bill of sale. But if I have a bill of sale from Tesla, that means the delivery is imminent, and doesn’t give me enough time to apply for car loan from CU? Can someone walk me through step by step how I should apply for each? I’m leaning towards using Carolina Cooperative, for which the application is all paper and snail mail. Hence my question.

When you get a VIN, the financing and trade-in options start getting opened back up. Once this is all done, you will get a MVPA which is equivalent to a Buyer's Order / Bill of Sale. This is what your loan provider will need and typically it happens a few days to a week before delivery. So yes, you do not have a lot of time to finalize everything. I started shopping around when I received my VIN and picked the credit union I was planning to go with.

When you do a trade-in, sometimes it requires someone higher up in Tesla to approve your trade-in. I did mine during a holiday weekend and it caused my MVPA to not get generated until the Thursday or so before my Monday delivery. Typically Credit Unions will only need a day or so to process your loan and send the check out.

If you are 3-4 business days out from delivery and still haven't gotten an MVPA, contact your SA via email or stop by the store. Just kindly ask when the MVPA will be generated because you may need to delay delivery by a day or two since you still can't finalize your loan. I hope this helps you or any future reader, because I was stressed waiting for them to send me an MVPA when it turns out it was just a holiday hiccup.

Reactions: corners
VEry highly recommend Credit Union 1 , they were so awesome and quick . You can apply for Auto Loan directly w/o membership . I worked with Shanee Sanders , she was very good and responded very quickly . Got my loan approved in no time . Great rate ofcourse , got 60 months 1.99

people taking out over 75k loans on 80k cars😂😂
I am not sure how well you know financing. I am not one to judge, but just explaining my situation. Do I have enough to put a larger down payment or even pay cash yes, but 1.99% for 60 months while index returns or even putting into a secured CD account will have higher interest earning than a 1.99% loan. Instead of paying the car in full now I spread the cost and interest earned exceeds the interest I owe.

I am not sure how well you know financing. I am not one to judge, but just explaining my situation. Do I have enough to put a larger down payment or even pay cash yes, but 1.99% for 60 months while index returns or even putting into a secured CD account will have higher interest earning than a 1.99% loan. Instead of paying the car in full now I spread the cost and interest earned exceeds the interest I owe.
Makes total sense. But the CD rates are barely better than the loan rate. I’d rather a lower car payment but that’s just me.

Reactions: FLTessie and KQMYP
Makes total sense. But the CD rates are barely better than the loan rate. I’d rather a lower car payment but that’s just me.
Not to start a flame war but that’s not financially the best move. 2% interest is so low that it makes sense to finance all of it. Long term you can easily beat 2% elsewhere. The only reason not to finance is if it makes you feel better to have lower monthly payments.

Not to start a flame war but that’s not financially the best move. 2% interest is so low that it makes sense to finance all of it. Long term you can easily beat 2% elsewhere. The only reason not to finance is if it makes you feel better to have lower monthly payments.
Definitely are not making money in this market right now lol. But if you invest now I’m sure you’ll make a ton when the market goes back up. You’re not starting anything. Everyone has their own preference.

As long as you are disciplined enough to take the cash you were going to use to buy the car outright and actually invest it, instead of buying a bunch of fun accessories for the MY 😁

Generally 10 year treasury notes and mortgage rates are intertwined. Do 10 year treasury notes have any effect on auto loans? 10 year treasury rates have been dropping..

Auto loans will continue to go up as long as inflation number is high. That's the bottom line. Govt wants to push up all interest rates to slow down buying. Which is suppose to then have entities drop prices ..which will then lower prices on things, houses, gas, cars, etc . Which will then balance out interest rates to price of said things until inflation is at 2-3%... We are currently at 8-9%. We need a major recession to push inflation down. But major recession will cause huge unemployment. Negative feedback loop. Buckle up cuz we are fkd!!!!

Reactions: Logic335