Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current cost to upgrade from EAP to FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got upgraded from EAP to FSD for just $2k that weekend that Elon offered it up. At the time it seemed like it might never happen but I was willing to take the chance thinking that it would always get more expensive. Glad I did that now :) Mine is a 2018 Model 3 AWD LR and I have the FSD computer (version 3 or whatever) but I have not got the 2020.40.8.10 update yet, still on 2020.40.8 right now.

The FSD beta went to the Early Access Program cars, you’ll get FSD when the rest of us do!

Guys, please stop talking about "FSD being released" and "robotaxis". There is no "FSD final" deliverable, it's not even spec'ed, because it's never been done in human history. It is, and will continue to be, a gradual process. Forever.

The (impressive) "FSD beta" is of NOA on city streets. That is introducing huge new features over EAP. It joins NOA on freeways, summon, self-parking, and other evolving pieces of the puzzle.

Those of us who "get it" are on board with this moving target. We are, and will be, happily using it as it develops.

I think every time the word FSD is mentioned on this forum, you're gonna get:

- 30% of members saying "you should have upgraded! It's gonna be great!"
- 30% of members saying "you're a fool! FSD ain't gonna happen on your Model 3!"
- 30% of members saying "stop arguing over this! None of you have any idea what you're talking about!"
- 10% of members saying "What's the whole hype behind FSD?" In which the other 90% will respond all over again

I got it for $2k when It was on sale for a month. Even then I thought it was a ripoff since it provide no new features over EAP. Still not sure it will be worth it even when FSD is released in a few months.

But I dunno how old you are, but either old enough to say "everything's a ripoff, man", or young enough to think it really is.
Congratulations on a good deal anyway :cool: