Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Experience in Orange County, CA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking delivery of my SRY this week in Costa Mesa and wanted to know how the current delivery process works due to the softening of the COVID restrictions, etc? Will an advisor be there to go over the car and any issues as well as give any walkthrough/training or will it be a "Your car is over there. Fill out the paperwork on the seat and drop it in a drop box when done. Congratulations and good luck, buh bye."?

I am taking delivery of my SRY this week in Costa Mesa and wanted to know how the current delivery process works due to the softening of the COVID restrictions, etc? Will an advisor be there to go over the car and any issues as well as give any walkthrough/training or will it be a "Your car is over there. Fill out the paperwork on the seat and drop it in a drop box when done. Congratulations and good luck, buh bye."?
I had him delivery. Just dropped the car off at the service center down the road for them to correct issues. At the service center there were plenty of people there to assist this morning.
I realize that says nothing about what the showroom experience might be though! Good luck!

Ok so I took delivery and basically the car is parked into a parking lot stall with the paperwork on the windshield wipers. The advisor came out when we took 'delivery' through the app. I was told there is no paperwork to add correction notes (it was only DMV paperwork) and that I have 24 hours and 100 miles to report issues through the app and they will use time stamps from the pictures against the delivery date and mileage threshold to confirm the issues were within the allocated time/miles.

We inspected the outside and found a few minor issues (one sunken door handle), one side of the rear bumper popped out a little from the taillight. a scratch and nick on the back bumper plastics and some minor alignment issues with the wheel well plastic trim at the ends. Panel gaps were good, paint pretty good, no dings or scratches on paint, glass, etc.

We then went into the car and there was a poke/stretch of the vinyl on one door panel you could only see when the door is open (hidden by the dashboard when closed), some strange black fabric/tape about 2 inches by 3 inches sticking out of the headliner above the driver at the roof glass, a slightly misaligned glove box, one loose back seat back panel. Steering wheel sits slightly to the right (seems like one tooth off) when driving on multiple straight streets.

Most of the items are very minor and I honestly would not have noticed some of it if I was not made hyper sensitive from all the "build issues" postings.
They were able to address a few things like the light scratch/scuff on bumper and black fabric/tape right then and there.
I have an upcoming service appointment (I need to bring it in) and if they just fix the steering wheel, door panel, bumper corner and door handle, I will be perfectly happy.

Ok so I took delivery and basically the car is parked into a parking lot stall with the paperwork on the windshield wipers. The advisor came out when we took 'delivery' through the app. I was told there is no paperwork to add correction notes (it was only DMV paperwork) and that I have 24 hours and 100 miles to report issues through the app and they will use time stamps from the pictures against the delivery date and mileage threshold to confirm the issues were within the allocated time/miles.

We inspected the outside and found a few minor issues (one sunken door handle), one side of the rear bumper popped out a little from the taillight. a scratch and nick on the back bumper plastics and some minor alignment issues with the wheel well plastic trim at the ends. Panel gaps were good, paint pretty good, no dings or scratches on paint, glass, etc.

We then went into the car and there was a poke/stretch of the vinyl on one door panel you could only see when the door is open (hidden by the dashboard when closed), some strange black fabric/tape about 2 inches by 3 inches sticking out of the headliner above the driver at the roof glass, a slightly misaligned glove box, one loose back seat back panel. Steering wheel sits slightly to the right (seems like one tooth off) when driving on multiple straight streets.

Most of the items are very minor and I honestly would not have noticed some of it if I was not made hyper sensitive from all the "build issues" postings.
They were able to address a few things like the light scratch/scuff on bumper and black fabric/tape right then and there.
I have an upcoming service appointment (I need to bring it in) and if they just fix the steering wheel, door panel, bumper corner and door handle, I will be perfectly happy.
when did you order?

I ordered the SRMY in mid February and had rejected two cars that same week and then put my account on hold until mid March when I had it set to allocate a match. It took a few weeks and was allocated to my account on 3/29. The car build date is 3/28.
It is a SRMY 5 seater, gray paint, 20" wheels upgrade and black interior.

When I was there, they puled out two more SRMY cars waiting for the owners. One was the same spec as mine and the other was a white paint spec with standard wheels.