Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like a lot of members here down to 1 car due to waiting for their MY. I’m in the same situation. Wife is going back to office full time in September. Order kid is starting Kindergarten and younger is going to day care. Will be hard with 1 car during that time but manageable
since I wfh.

I tried to sell my XC90 lease to Vroom before lease ended. I would’ve made a few thousand but Volvo Financial changed it so you can’t sell to a 3rd party. You can only buy it, sell to a Volvo dealer or return after lease.

I test drove a few cars, including the MY, before my lease was up. The MY was the one that I just couldn’t forget. But I couldn’t make up my mind and lease was up. I didn’t finally decide until almost a month later.

Let it VIN tomorrow!

Seems like a lot of members here down to 1 car due to waiting for their MY. I’m in the same situation. Wife is going back to office full time in September. Order kid is starting Kindergarten and younger is going to day care. Will be hard with 1 car during that time but manageable
since I wfh.

I tried to sell my XC90 lease to Vroom before lease ended. I would’ve made a few thousand but Volvo Financial changed it so you can’t sell to a 3rd party. You can only buy it, sell to a Volvo dealer or return after lease.

I test drove a few cars, including the MY, before my lease was up. The MY was the one that I just couldn’t forget. But I couldn’t make up my mind and lease was up. I didn’t finally decide until almost a month later.

Let it VIN tomorrow!
Kind of odd that Volvo Financial limits who you can sell to. Wonder if you could've just bought the car after your lease ended and then sold it to whoever?

Curious what your experience with Vroom is like. Back in May when I was naive enough to think I’d be able to get a Y in a couple of weeks, Tesla offered $27K for my 2019 M3SR+, Vroom offered $38K (which I thought was absurd since a new one is $39.9K, I get the wait times and all but still).
Wondering if there is a chance of bait and switch (offering less once they pick it up), but also concerned about signing over title (I own it free and clear) and not getting paid at least a couple days after some dude drives off with my car.
My current EDD is 9/23-9/30 and am hoping used-car values continue to hold, as I can’t be car-less. BTW, today Tesla trade-in was at $31.5K, haven’t checked the other usual suspects and won’t until my EDD gets closer.

Let us know how it goes (or went). Thanks
I sold my 2019 M3SR+ (16k miles) to Shift several weeks ago for $37k (online estimate was $38k but when they came in person they revised it to $37k due to "error"). I still took the offer...they drove off and 2 days later the money was wired to our bank account (they said they inspect the car for structural damage back at their shop...if no issues they wire the money). Out of curiosity I monitored my car on their site...it sold in about a month for $40k plus a $1k buyer fee...so they made $4k off it (similar to you, I have no idea why someone would buy a 2.5yr old Model 3 instead of ordering new...I guess people are really that impatient?). Btw my Tesla trade-in offer was $27.8k.

Reactions: TatisJr
Kind of odd that Volvo Financial limits who you can sell to. Wonder if you could've just bought the car after your lease ended and then sold it to whoever?
There was a going back and forth between Vroom, Volvo, and me. Dragged on for almost a month. Volvo refused to deal with them. I tried to get dealer pay off from Volvo who refused to provide it. Dealer payoff and my payoff are different. My payoff includes taxes and would had made the sale less enticing. After all that time it was frustrating and I just didn’t want to bother anymore. I also called Carvana and they said no Volvo leases.

Looks like Volvo changed their policy earlier in the year. Seems like other auto makers also changed their policy. It was discussed over at leasehackr. The used car market was just too hot. They wanted to keep lease returns for their own dealers.

We actually talked to our SA about this - one of the other SAs in the center left in his MY while we were there, so we asked our SA which he drove. He said "I don't have one yet, but after a few more sales I'm going to get me a Red 3 with 20's!" I laughed at the time, but thinking back on it - I thought the whole thing was that they didn't get commission but I think that changed at some point. How do they actually get paid?
Unless it changed in July, I was also under the impression they don't get commission. I spoke with them June/July 2021.

Reactions: MMurrayGA
👋🏼 New here! Decided to also share my EDD frustrations. Ordered 5/27 finalized on 06/08. Had EDD from July-Aug, Aug-Sept. Then last week had EDD Aug 3-23, next day Aug 2-20. Called SA and was given a soft match date of 8/17. All of the sudden EDD changed to October for 1 day thank goodness! Finally back to EDD Aug 11-31. Hoping for VIN soon!! 🙏🏼

MYLR/white ext/white int/19”gemini/7seater/No FSD/No tow

FYI I think this is why they’re telling everyone their cars will be ready next week.
I have a rule that I try to follow that I think applies now: never trust Texas to do anything good…much love to my Texas friends.

GigaAustin is producing vehicles to calibrate the machines, ensure quality control, and train employees, the article on Teslarati even mentions that the ones they are building starting next week wont be street legal.

The real bump is one month prior to the originally planned opening, by my count November? Add the 2-3 weeks for manufacture and logistics, and you are looking at likely December for Texas MYs in peoples hands. This squares with the Order page estimate of December.

I have a rule that I try to follow that I think applies now: never trust Texas to do anything good…much love to my Texas friends.

GigaAustin is producing vehicles to calibrate the machines, ensure quality control, and train employees, the article on Teslarati even mentions that the ones they are building starting next week wont be street legal.

The real bump is one month prior to the originally planned opening, by my count November? Add the 2-3 weeks for manufacture and logistics, and you are looking at likely December for Texas MYs in peoples hands. This squares with the Order page estimate of December.
I wouldn't even be surprised if they make MYP only in Texas and use Fremont for LR until Texas gets to full potential. Shifting LR to Texas either causes delays to current orders until they completely ramp up production or makes it have 2 versions. It's very bad for Tesla to have two version of LR coming out and they will see a lot of rejected deliveries for Fremont cars which is bad for Tesla. So I feel perf cars is highly likely for Texas whenever that happens. Probably jan or later.

Unless it changed in July, I was also under the impression they don't get commission. I spoke with them June/July 2021.
True, SAs don’t work on commission. That is true for many dealerships nowadays. But that just means they get a steady salary. And a salaried sales position can have bonuses tied to performance. Teams definitely have performance metrics they are trying to hit.

Well guys, I am giving it to the end of the week for something(Anything) to happen. Ordered months ago. If nothing happens Ill request a refund(it says non refundable but at the time it also said 7-10 week delivery)and have to get a gas vehicle. I tried to go with the most basic build. For the record it says profile complete July 20th(which is very incorrect) July 15th I requested to remove my trade in. It wasn't until I called on July 20th that they told me their was a glitch and they needed to do something in my profile. So it essentially kicked me to the back of the line and reset everything. I tried to go with the most basic build. Scheduled a vacation in October around the model Y(Traveling). Was assured they are looking for cancelled deliveries. Was told I was put on a "high Priority" list. Did this happen? Who knows. Before I cancelled my trade in it showed early august-late august. Then after its October, then disappears. Tesla chat said they don't have a EDD for my vehicle. I cant honestly say this process has went down the shitter compared to when I ordered my model 3 performance in 2018. I honestly feel like no one knows what is actually going on at the factory. Like tesla keeps the SA in the dark and told to give us BS.
My model Y is 3k cheaper then what they are sold for now. They did offer my a performance but at full price(10k more then what I'm paying on the LR).
Having a wife and a kid its hard to only have one car. If tesla could just be honest with us it would be better but they don't tell us anything.
Any advice anyone?
Yup, that is a long time to wait. Really unfortunate.

Would you consider renting a car for the trip? Even a monthly rental to hold you over until you take delivery of the Tesla should be around $600. I think the monthly rental car option is easier than buying and selling a another car. Possibly cheaper too.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they make MYP only in Texas and use Fremont for LR until Texas gets to full potential. Shifting LR to Texas either causes delays to current orders until they completely ramp up production or makes it have 2 versions. It's very bad for Tesla to have two version of LR coming out and they will see a lot of rejected deliveries for Fremont cars which is bad for Tesla. So I feel perf cars is highly likely for Texas whenever that happens. Probably jan or later.
Thats a great point. I remember reading somewhere that the MYPs will likely be the first to get 4680 and structural battery packs, and that both will be produced in Texas first - so absolutely I think you are right.

That said, I have a 2.2 GPA from a state school so maybe my endorsement isn’t super awesome haha

Thats a great point. I remember reading somewhere that the MYPs will likely be the first to get 4680 and structural battery packs, and that both will be produced in Texas first - so absolutely I think you are right.

That said, I have a 2.2 GPA from a state school so maybe my endorsement isn’t super awesome haha
Grades and GPA now a days teach less than real world experience. A person with 4 GPA will be less likely to survive than a person with 1 GPA and who is street smart.