Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a little wary of Bimmers having owned one. They are designed to fail one day after the warranty expires. So not too enthusiastic about the i-series. I agree with you, it's not really the exterior or the interior. It's what's under the hood, and the software that keeps me wanting the MY.
Yeah I'm not interested in I series too. It's way too pricey to show off. I want my

Reactions: TESRP
At that price point, other alternatives like Ford Mach E and the Nissan Ariya (to debut in Fall; looks pretty good) will start to become attractive at least to some customers.

What the other alternatives cannot match or compete with is the Tesla Supercharger network. Even when it's opened up for other EV's to use, they won't match the charging speed nor will they have the range management integration that Tesla has.

That puts, at least for the moment, every other EV at a severe disadvantage for me.

What the other alternatives cannot match or compete with is the Tesla Supercharger network. Even when it's opened up for other EV's to use, they won't match the charging speed nor will they have the range management integration that Tesla has.

That puts, at least for the moment, every other EV at a severe disadvantage for me.
Excellent point about the supercharger network.

I am a little wary of Bimmers having owned one. They are designed to fail one day after the warranty expires. So not too enthusiastic about the i-series. I agree with you, it's not really the exterior or the interior. It's what's under the hood, and the software that keeps me wanting the MY.
I have had Good luck with my BMW. Got it right now, it currently has 150,000 miles on it, and it still runs very smoothly, and very quietly.

Everyone here is waiting for their car. Their MY. How many of you here is waiting for their spouse car? 😂 😂😂

Im getting MY for my wife but she isn't that interested in the waiting game. She is like "it's gets here when it should". I don't know why, but I'm more excited than her and checking the status every 5 mins. Ofcourse I will be driving most of the time and she is ok with that. LOL

Scalpers are people who buy out all the available stock and sell in on market places for higher price. For example when iPhone releases, people buy them out for 1000$ each and sell in eBay for 2500 and even 5000$. Rich and people who don't care about money and just want to show off their new phone, will buy them. Real people who want and are waiting in line in front of store, can't even get one. Same happened with gaming consoles. Lot of articles and information about it. Scalpers damage the market for their benefit.
Actually, I read somewhere, that is a Tesla believe that you are trying to buy cars so that you can sell them for more, they have the right to cancel your order Without notice

We have scheduled a test drive for this Saturday. The rep said current delivery times are in November. Sounds like that is not realistic, after reading everyone’s posts. Anyone have any insight otherwise?? TIA
As you are west coast it's very likely you will get it in November. Also chances that you could get it in September as part of end of quarter push, but chances are not that high as it's one month only.

I’m going insane literally. All I think about is the car, I haven’t left my house in 4 days nor have opened the shades, I’m just here. Waiting.

The wait is ruining me. My BMW works fine, it just consumes 12k of gas per year, and it’s overwhelming to see 1k of hard work just disappear in gas.

I’ve been eating less, ppl call me and I don’t pick up, I’m literally here with you guys all day. Refreshing the page all day. Calling stores all day.
Dude you need to put this in perspective. This is just a car, you can’t let it affect your life. Talk to somebody because I can’t tell if your being serious or sarcastic but if it’s really like that it’s become unhealthy.

I may seem like I’m dying to get this car but it’s not stopping me from going about my life. I’m flying to Vegas in a few days for a weekend and I probably won’t be active here because I have poker to play.

I found out today my company is putting off return to office until atleast next spring now, I don’t even need it anymore if I get a set of winter tires for my wife’s car.

You can’t let this affect you.

I’m going insane literally. All I think about is the car, I haven’t left my house in 4 days nor have opened the shades, I’m just here. Waiting.

The wait is ruining me. My BMW works fine, it just consumes 12k of gas per year, and it’s overwhelming to see 1k of hard work just disappear in gas.

I’ve been eating less, ppl call me and I don’t pick up, I’m literally here with you guys all day. Refreshing the page all day. Calling stores all day.
Tesla already gave you 10k supercharger miles. Go bug them some more and maybe get some sort of loaner. Haha doesn’t hurt to ask. I also thought you said they would give you a vin or something this coming Saturday?

If EV incentive gets approved for Jan 2022, there will be lot of new orders and Tesla will have huge delays like now to deliver cars. Then the used market for Tesla goes crazy and will be atleast on par with new car prices. Then we can sell ours and get new ones and also get incentives. Of course this thread will probably be at 10,000 page and @potter287, @joewithblueMY, @many others will be waiting for their car again. Who knows, we might even hit 100,000 page before we get our new cars. Sounds good on book. 😂
At the same time though, there will be many selling to get a new car, so supplies go up. Also, many will put orders on hold for newer gen, meaning more rejections - again more supplies.

Demand for old cars will likely be the same, if not less - those are the ones that really need a vehicle and cant wait.

So at the end of the day, i really dont know.

Reactions: Hangover
Everyone here is waiting for their car. Their MY. How many of you here is waiting for their spouse car? 😂 😂😂

Im getting MY for my wife but she isn't that interested in the waiting game. She is like "it's gets here when it should". I don't know why, but I'm more excited than her and checking the status every 5 mins. Ofcourse I will be driving most of the time and she is ok with that. LOL
The MY is for me. I drove my last car (still driving) for 15 years. So I don't take car buying lightly. I already have one EV. Co-bought a Nissan Leaf very recently with my daughter who's starting grad school shortly. Great car and fits her needs. She has a relatively short commute.

Dude you need to put this in perspective. This is just a car, you can’t let it affect your life. Talk to somebody because I can’t tell if your being serious or sarcastic but if it’s really like that it’s become unhealthy.

I may seem like I’m dying to get this car but it’s not stopping me from going about my life. I’m flying to Vegas in a few days for a weekend and I probably won’t be active here because I have poker to play.

I found out today my company is putting off return to office until atleast next spring now, I don’t even need it anymore if I get a set of winter tires for my wife’s car.

You can’t let this affect you.
My best friend, told me that I needed help, he had to text me, I haven’t picked up anybody’s calls. I’ve been trying to leave the phone open, just in case tesla calls me. 😐

Yeah I'm not interested in I series too. It's way too pricey to show off. I want my
Also this is their first all electric vehicle..I would be skeptical to buy a day one version. Currently I am leasing a fully loaded 5 series with autopilot. The series of failures will start to kick in after the 50k mile mark.. my previous 5 series they had to rebuild the twin turbo engine and luckily it was under warranty and total cost was close to 12k in repairs

Tesla already gave you 10k supercharger miles. Go bug them some more and maybe get some sort of loaner. Haha doesn’t hurt to ask. I also thought you said they would give you a vin or something this coming Saturday?
I called them again today, as a matter of fact I called three different stores, and I was told that my soft match was moved to the 13th. So my soft match is now eight more days away. But they told me that soft matches are not set in stone, it can be pushed further back still. My loan expires on September 12, if I don’t use the loan by then, I would have to reapply for the loan, and I’m just not willing to do that.

The MY is for me. I drove my last car (still driving) for 15 years. So I don't take car buying lightly. I already have one EV. Co-bought a Nissan Leaf very recently with my daughter who's starting grad school shortly. Great car and fits her needs. She has a relatively short commute.
I had a Nissan Altima Coupe which I used for 10 years. Im 6'2" and a 2 yr old. It's hard to get her in the coupe and wanted to get an SUV. EV is our next move. My wife preordered M3 when it was announced and she cancelled as we already had 2 cars. So I wanted to change the coupe and get her something as her car.

Reactions: EngProf
Also this is their first all electric vehicle..I would be skeptical to buy a day one version. Currently I am leasing a fully loaded 5 series with autopilot. The series of failures will start to kick in after the 50k mile mark.. my previous 5 series they had to rebuild the twin turbo engine and luckily it was under warranty and total cost was close to 12k in repairs
Sheeeshhhh