Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent point about the supercharger network.

The brilliance of Tesla is that they took the regulatory credits they do not need (since they sell EV's) and sold them to ICE manufacturers who needed them. They used that revenue to build out the supercharger network, which pushed the ICE manufacturers further behind in the EV race.

One would think the big automakers would've learned their lesson, but no.

Now with Elon and Tesla about to open up the supercharger network to other manufacturers, they will undoubtedly charge said manufacturers to use their charging network. On top of that, they'll be charging the drivers of those competing vehicles to use their network. They'll take all of that revenue and even FURTHER distance themselves from the EV competition.

Now imagine you're a Mach-E owner and while you're sitting charging at a Tesla Supercharger for 30 minutes you've seen 3 Teslas come and go next to you because they charge 3x faster. It will be like a living advertisement for just how much further ahead Tesla is.

My best friend, told me that I needed help, he had to text me, I haven’t picked up anybody’s calls. I’ve been trying to leave the phone open, just in case tesla calls me. 😐
You should talk to your best friend, or somebody. Just get out of the house. Leave the phone and forget about the car, it’ll get to you when it wants. Some things are out of our control.

There’s literally only one problem with my BMW, and that is that in one of the little rings in the headlight on the right hand side is out, I went to go get a quote for the little LED around the headlight, and I was quoted $2400
There is a surround view camera on the front bumper of my X5 and it's plastic cap was broken probably by rock while driving. Camera works but it can't display clear image as it's blurred out without plastic cover. Bmw quoted 1200$ for plastic cover as they can't do only cover and have to replace whole camera. I was like, DAMNNNNNNNNNNN. I can live without surround view camera.

Also this is their first all electric vehicle..I would be skeptical to buy a day one version. Currently I am leasing a fully loaded 5 series with autopilot. The series of failures will start to kick in after the 50k mile mark.. my previous 5 series they had to rebuild the twin turbo engine and luckily it was under warranty and total cost was close to 12k in repairs
The iX is nice but over priced (might as well get a model X). And I HATE those ugly massive grilles, I mean c'mom BMW!

Explain this to me….an MYLR got vin today, and ordered 7/13!!!!!

Tesla has orders as old as March still! 🤦🏻

Attachments

• 34942A03-2232-4085-97F2-D69ADD5A337C.jpeg
    34942A03-2232-4085-97F2-D69ADD5A337C.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: drivethefuture
I’m going insane literally. All I think about is the car, I haven’t left my house in 4 days nor have opened the shades, I’m just here. Waiting.

The wait is ruining me. My BMW works fine, it just consumes 12k of gas per year, and it’s overwhelming to see 1k of hard work just disappear in gas.

I’ve been eating less, ppl call me and I don’t pick up, I’m literally here with you guys all day. Refreshing the page all day. Calling stores all day.

This is very unhealthy for you ... I don't want to pry into your personal life, but if this happens in other facets of your life I think it is something you should really look into; I'm not saying this to bag on you but out of concern.

Life is way too short to be hung up like this about a car and a web forum. Consider opening those shades, getting outside and living your life. In a few short months this won't matter at all but your wellbeing does matter now.

I think I told you this before but have you tried to call the delivery center for an update? Instead of calling stores?
I don’t know what a delivery center is, isn’t that the same thing as the store? I think it is in Fort Myers it looks like a giant dealership, but it’s easily empty. That’s usually where I call. When I say Store I don’t mean like storefront. I mean like the big dealer places. Lol

This is very unhealthy for you ... I don't want to pry into your personal life, but if this happens in other facets of your life I think it is something you should really look into; I'm not saying this to bag on you but out of concern.

Life is way too short to be hung up like this about a car and a web forum. Consider opening those shades, getting outside and living your life. In a few short months this won't matter at all but your wellbeing does matter now.
The Tesla is the only way, I didn’t get back on the road, the BMW works fine, but all the gas that I put into it, they don’t pay for gas, and it eats up my paycheck.

I don’t know what a delivery center is, isn’t that the same thing as the store? I think it is in Fort Myers it looks like a giant dealership, but it’s easily empty. That’s usually where I call. When I say Store I don’t mean like storefront. I mean like the big dealer places. Lol
How about going for a walk? A jog? Buy a Peloton. Lift weights. Jump on tinder, or grinder, whatever your flavor.

I want my car so bad I ordered 2. But life is going on outside and honestly, the more you get out from behind the computer or phone - the quicker time will pass and your car will be here before you know it. Hang in there bud, and go take a shower (only assuming based on the other stuff 😇).

How about going for a walk? A jog? Buy a Peloton. Lift weights. Jump on tinder, or grinder, whatever your flavor.

I want my car so bad I ordered 2. But life is going on outside and honestly, the more you get out from behind the computer or phone - the quicker time will pass and your car will be here before you know it. Hang in there bud, and go take a shower (only assuming based on the other stuff 😇).
Last part, is not the case, but instead of taking showers, I’ve been taking baths. I hate baths.

• Funny
Reactions: TESRP and Imeddy8