Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically two weeks out for the last three months. Absolutely painful. But the hilarious part is that two days before I got my blue button, EDD was Jan 2022! See my signature.
Yup. This tracks with what @josh62294 was saying as well. EDDs can be months away and yet VIN is suddenly assigned. @rainforest had a Dec 15 to Jan 4 EDD and bam, VIN was assigned today, middle of August. We can pick apart the patterns and try to find some sort of methodology behind this, but at the end of the day it seems there’s just no rhyme or reason.

Attachments

• AE777889-CC0A-4CCC-83E3-4EB550D82DA2.jpeg
    AE777889-CC0A-4CCC-83E3-4EB550D82DA2.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Yup. Tracks with what @josh62294 was saying as well. EDDs can be months away and yet VIN is suddenly assigned. @rainforest had a Dec 15 to Jan 4 EDD and bam, VIN was assigned today, middle of August. We can pick apart the patterns and try to find some sort of methodology to this, but sometimes there’s just no rhyme or reason.
Yea not sure what is going on with the EDD system. Its BS.

As a big tesla shareholder and yes I do watch his videos, I can say that I can be critical of tesla and point out their wrongs. While still supporting the company(buying a 60k vehicle)
However that does not get away from the fact tesla needs severe work on communication and PR. I like elon for a lot of things but his views on PR are not one of them. It will hurt(Is currently hurting) the company in the long run.
Of course you can be critical of Tesla; i'm not saying they're perfect, after all, I'm waiting here too. But nobody is catching them; they are just too far ahead.

View attachment 696617Well luck be a lady tonight. Had a full day of training, got in my car and saw an email from Tesla. Rushed home, logged in and boom!!! Finally!!!! It ain’t over yet but the relief of getting to this next step…wow!!

Vin… 250xxx #teamblue
EDD: August 26 - Sep 1
Congrats!!! I’m a May order, also…happy to see you are on your way!

You guys sure you don't keep your place in line?

I ordered MY LR on July 10th, web-site said October delivery during order. Logged on yesterday and it had EDD all the way back to late Nov/Mid-Dec, was like screw that and changed to MYP.

Today my MYP (that I changed to yesterday) says Estimated Delivery: August 27 - September 22, so basically THREE MONTHS ahead of my MY LR that I ordered FIVE weeks ago!

You guys sure you don't keep your place in line?

I ordered MY LR on July 10th, web-site said October delivery during order. Logged on yesterday and it had EDD all the way back to late Nov/Mid-Dec, was like screw that and changed to MYP.

Today my MYP (that I changed to yesterday) says Estimated Delivery: August 27 - September 22, so basically THREE MONTHS ahead of my MY LR that I ordered FIVE weeks ago!

I ordered a MYP, on the 8th. EDD is 8/27-9/10. MYP orders are faster than LRs at this moment.

Yup. This tracks with what @josh62294 was saying as well. EDDs can be months away and yet VIN is suddenly assigned. @rainforest had a Dec 15 to Jan 4 EDD and bam, VIN was assigned today, middle of August. We can pick apart the patterns and try to find some sort of methodology behind this, but at the end of the day it seems there’s just no rhyme or reason.
That’s correct. After checking me EDD for three months, it was basically completely useless. It was always about one to two weeks out, and kept shifting by one day for three months. My initial EDD was early June. Then it would jump to Sept and Oct, and the latest, it jumped to effing January 2022! WTF! Then BAM, got the blue button. I mean, what’s the point of even showing an EDD? There is absolutely no informational value in it.

in hindsight, I can make things simple for everyone. You’re gonna wait 3-4 months if you order today. Forget the EDD.