Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding a pic for reference

Attachments

• 837060CF-0676-45E1-A49F-12CF6518A74B.jpeg
    837060CF-0676-45E1-A49F-12CF6518A74B.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 64
All I can say from the anecdotal evidence of following this thread for a long time now - everyone eventually gets a car. Everyone. And it appears that the longest wait from Profile completion/ any config changes is less than 6 months.

So, if you are financing, might as well take it as an opportunity to put the amount of your future monthly payment in an account and add it to your downpayment!

You may have to email Tesla to add it on after it has been ordered. The only option that I am presented with is to remove it. However, changing it could affect your delivery date. I am not sure how you can add it on otherwise. Perhaps others would know.
Thanks! I’ve tried calling, texting, and emailing, no one will respond or when they do, they’re not able to help.

EDD just updated to Aug 25 - 31 🙌🏾. For those that have gotten loans from other banks, how did that work? I currently have mine as cash but will switch to financing shortly. Will go with USAA as it’s simpler for me and has decent rates (1.89). Applied and got it approved today. Anyone have steps of how this goes? I’ll put down about 20k cash and finance the rest. Any guidance would be appreciated. Also, I’m feeling lazy, if you have a link to the model y inspection checklist, I’d really appreciate it.

EDD just updated to Aug 25 - 31 🙌🏾. For those that have gotten loans from other banks, how did that work? I currently have mine as cash but will switch to financing shortly. Will go with USAA as it’s simpler for me and has decent rates (1.89). Applied and got it approved today. Anyone have steps of how this goes? I’ll put down about 20k cash and finance the rest. Any guidance would be appreciated. Also, I’m feeling lazy, if you have a link to the model y inspection checklist, I’d really appreciate it.
There may be more updated checklists, but I thought this was comprehensive and easy to reference: https://blog.tesbros.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/delivery-day-checklist-1.pdf

Re: financing, similar situation for me. From what I’ve learnt (haven’t actually done it yet), you just reach out to your SA and let them know you’ll be financing and this opens up the option in the dashboard for you to add your financing details. Tesla may well match your 3rd party rate, the benefit of using them being slightly more seamless paperwork at pickup.

I don't think anybody is ever catching up to Tesla. All these cars that just came out or are coming out next year that are 'almost' as good as a Y will be instantaneously obsolete once the 4680 is out and Texas and Berlin are producing. The Mustang Mach E Premium that's almost as good as a AWD Y but not quite costs $56K and has a 24 week delivery estimate. That's 6 months. By then, if he wants to Elon can be selling the AWD Y for $45K and 450 mile range. And delivery speeds will be back to normal. Ford and GM are never catching up; I think they're dead men walking but won't admit it until Elon has the $25K Model 2 out.

People may not like a three month wait for a Model Y, but they'd like a 6 month wait and spending more for a car with 270 mile range even less.
I agree, but I’ve been waiting 14 weeks with no VIN in sight. Who knows how many months it will be before I get mine.

Reactions: TESRP
Not sure I understand lol.

But one concern I had was Homelink. Would I still get that if I purchased FSD after delivery?

Model Y does not come with homelink. We have it sitting on the table waiting for the car. My feeling is UNLESS you know an FSD price hike is coming wait until you have the car. Tesla's system is so screwed up I wouldn't trust it to make ANY change.

Reactions: Fartmandan

But one concern I had was Homelink. Would I still get that if I purchased FSD after delivery?
@a1machinista1 means for you to go buy FSD after you take delivery of the car. It’a just sw, and can be done in the car. It’s the same price of $10k either way.

Homelink should not be a concern because it’s totally unrelated. The only way to get it is after taking delivery of your car, pay $320 or whatever it is now, and take it to a SC for them to install.

Reactions: Fartmandan

He is referring to delay you might add if you make any changes to order now. As it's 10K before and after you can do it after getting the car. But if you have before, you can add it to loan. After delivery comes as your credit card purchase.

Homelink isn't connected to fsd. You can buy it online and after it is delivered to your home, you can setup a service appointment to get it installed. Personally homelink isn't that great to me for the price. It's nothing but a smart garage opener which knows it's location. It doesn't know if the garage is open or closed, it just sends a signal. A wifi garage opener is better and I heard Elon mentioning that they will integrate wifi garage opener as a software update back in April 2020. It should be coming in "2 weeks" if you know what I mean.