Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @CGeiser what 888 number are you talking about? I've been trying to get ahold of my Tesla SA for two weeks now and always go right to voicemail. I ordered the exact same car as you and completed my order on 06/05/2021. I have no new information or VIN assigned yet.
1.888.518.3752 (only recommended once you have a VIN). The 2-3 times I have called they have been friendly and helpful. Keep in mind, they mostly deal with unhappy people so being upbeat and positive goes a long way in getting information.

Last edited:
Hi @CGeiser what 888 number are you talking about? I've been trying to get ahold of my Tesla SA for two weeks now and always go right to voicemail. I ordered the exact same car as you and completed my order on 06/05/2021. I have no new information or VIN assigned yet.
You must have a VIN assigned to you first, then call 888-518-3752 and give them your VIN; they should be able to tell you exactly where you’re MY is

Reactions: Frenchrock
Truer words.... I'm a little bitter that mine will have 20s. I feel strongly about having the smaller wheels for exactly the reason you just stated but my better half added 20s to our order when it was first made. (And white paint, and white interior.... but I digress.) Now it's turning into my daily drive so I'm kinda stuck with the choices unless I wanted to lose $7k FSD.
Sell the inductions set once you get the car and buy a pull-off set of the 19" Gemini's. You'd likely net ~$1k and won't lose your locked in FSD discount. That's what I would do at least

• Helpful
Reactions: PhillyGal
EDD just updated to Aug 25 - 31 🙌🏾. For those that have gotten loans from other banks, how did that work? I currently have mine as cash but will switch to financing shortly. Will go with USAA as it’s simpler for me and has decent rates (1.89). Applied and got it approved today. Anyone have steps of how this goes? I’ll put down about 20k cash and finance the rest. Any guidance would be appreciated. Also, I’m feeling lazy, if you have a link to the model y inspection checklist, I’d really appreciate it.
In my original order I had applied for a loan. Then used USAA to apply for a loan. Ended up sending the email that I got from USAA over to RateMatch <[email protected]> and they quickly adjusted the "US Bank" load to match. It might have been slightly easier in the long run to have my loan at my bank (USAA) but decided to opt for "easy" on the purchase side by letting Tesla handle everything.

Reactions: Jonasbrotha
Stopping by real quick to check in and provide an update post-VIN. I called the 888 number last Thursday and they were very helpful in telling me my MYP was on leg 1 of 3. I took that to mean it really hasn't started leg 1 just yet. Over the weekend, my EDD's started moving so I figured it was en route. By the way, it seems once your car is ready for transport your EDD updates between 2-3am CST versus the 7-8am CST you all are used to.

Since I figured it was now in transport, I called back today and they said it was on leg 2 and that it takes 7-10 days to travel from Freemont to Texas and to expect it to arrive on the 25th. That would be 9 days from today. Hmm...it is already on leg 2 though.

Makes we wonder if this is by train or truck and if they make multiple stops along the way. I was thinking they would load up Texas deliveries and hit the road. Should be a 3-4 day trip at most.

Oh well, this is the Tesla way.
When I call the 888 number, I must not be asking for the key words. All they tell me is it is scheduled to arrive on the 17th. It's like they're jerking my leg and telling me different than others who call and get more specific information.

Reactions: TesslAshanti
There may be more updated checklists, but I thought this was comprehensive and easy to reference: https://blog.tesbros.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/delivery-day-checklist-1.pdf

Re: financing, similar situation for me. From what I’ve learnt (haven’t actually done it yet), you just reach out to your SA and let them know you’ll be financing and this opens up the option in the dashboard for you to add your financing details. Tesla may well match your 3rd party rate, the benefit of using them being slightly more seamless paperwork at pickup.
I had not seen the tsbros one before but I found this one in the forums tesla-model-y-checklist/README.md at master · polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist and since its on GitHub then people have been making other contributions over time.

Reactions: dfiz1
Oh wow....so tomorrow? Have they sent you the "final payment" button yet?
No all I am told is that it will arrive tomorrow. My appointment is still set for this Friday at 4 pm. I feel like a stalker driving by the location multiple times a day. Luckily it's in the area because my son works at the car wash down the street. But man I wish they would tell me the exact location so I don't feel like a creeper!

Attachments

• Update.jpg
    Update.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: CGeiser
Delivery scheduled for 8/20 at 10 AM! Was hoping to pick up at Tyco but apparently I got no other option and they will deliver to my house. Anyone that had experience with home delivery, will the guy wait until I finished checking the car or they will just drop it and go back to SC right away? Also I assume they will call me when they arrive and not just leaving the car?
my understanding is they will deliver and you have to inspect later and create appointment as needed. Some people had luck trying to ask the person to wait while you inspect.

some people will call and some will not. a user here reported that they were looking out for the car to be delivered but after sometime suddenly the car is on their driveway but no one was there.. so it completely depends again.

Nevermind found the '888' number and decided to give it a call. After waiting on hold for a little bit they gave me no extra information at all. Just feels pointless waiting on the car at this point. I know looking at the delivery date and the movement makes it worse but I have been without a car waiting for delivery. No matter what the car delivery date seems to just get pushed further and further out making it impossible to get closer to the delivery date.

Nevermind found the '888' number and decided to give it a call. After waiting on hold for a little bit they gave me no extra information at all. Just feels pointless waiting on the car at this point. I know looking at the delivery date and the movement makes it worse but I have been without a car waiting for delivery. No matter what the car delivery date seems to just get pushed further and further out making it impossible to get closer to the delivery date.
when did you order? without a VIN, 888 number can't tell you any info..