Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery this afternoon. The car was flawless and process smooth and fast.

It was in Owings Mills, MD. The lot was full with Ys and 3s.

At the end it took 11 weeks from order completion to delivery, right in the middle of the original EDD of 9-13 weeks.
Are you freaking kidding me?! I should stop by today and see if they have any that’s available to claim.

Reactions: CSTARZZ
ANNNDD IM OUT! I finally got fed up, 4/21 order, been waiting over 17 weeks with no end in site. I really wanted this car, but I just couldn’t take it anymore, I went out yesterday and bought a truck 😂. I guess it just wasn’t my time to join the electric car revolution. If anyone wants to buy my home link let me know. Good luck everyone!View attachment 698510

Damn! Sorry to hear that. Enjoy that truck! It’s sad Tesla won’t bat an eye about your cancellation, but it’s good it “only” cost you $100.

Tom

Is it true when you join you have to do 100% direct deposit with then with their checking. Is that a part of the loan requirement?
Yes, DCU gives a 0.5% decrease to their 1.99% best rate only if you have a 100% direct deposit. Another 0.25% decrease if the car has better than 35mph or pure electric, thus getting you to 1.24%. The process worked well for me and I'm using them for a 1.24% loan x 65mo (max time at that rate)

ANNNDD IM OUT! I finally got fed up, 4/21 order, been waiting over 17 weeks with no end in site. I really wanted this car, but I just couldn’t take it anymore, I went out yesterday and bought a truck 😂. I guess it just wasn’t my time to join the electric car revolution. If anyone wants to buy my home link let me know. Good luck everyone!View attachment 698510
Sorry to see you go, Can't believe April orderes are still not being fulfilled.

Did you ask for the $100 refund? It's only $100, but they did not honor the original EDD when you order, so I wonder they will honor your refund request.

Something that blows my mind is how dealers can sell a car for the same price and claim its "new" yet it has 1700 miles on it. "It was our test vehicle". So no extra 1 year warranty? no. Well I am not interested.
Unfortunately the legal definitions of "new car" and "used car" are not the same as how we as consumers view new and used cars. It comes down to title and registration, and has nothing to do with odometer readings. Most brand-spanking new cars from the factory have 10 to 200 miles due to being rolled down the assembly line, testing, driven around factory, driven around logistics lots (some of them are several miles long), dealer lots, etc.

If a dealer (or in Tesla's case, the OEM) takes the car as a demo car, loaner car, salesperson's work car, or executive's work car, they can still resell that car later on as a new car, because it was never registered to a private owner - it was always a "manufacturer's car". It can have tens of thousands of miles on it and still be listed as new. Car and Driver's rule of thumb is 200 miles. If it's over 200 miles on the odo, there should be discounts.

• Informative
Reactions: MBx4 and TESRP
I thought this config would be more common, it just looks awesome! Did your EDD change to 9/2 - 9/20 last night?

Sorry you've had to wait this long, hate seeing May orders that haven't been delivered. Guess it really matters what config you choose.
Apparently black on black with induction wheels is the most rare color combination. It’s usually last in the production batch. This is probably why it’s been taking so long, and it keeps getting pushed back.

E45BA7C0-A4A3-44DA-9512-ED8A2C403657.jpeg

We are all here trying to find cars, because we want to drive them, and other people are just wanting to sell their brand new cars, because they might be making more money off of them. Wait till they find out that their weight is about six months

Reactions: MBx4 and TESRP
I admire your ability to know when enough is enough! I don't think I can stop waiting now that I've waited this long! It would make the suffering seem like it was all for nothing!

Apparently black on black with induction wheels is the most rare color combination. It’s usually last in the production batch. This is probably why it’s been taking so long, and it keeps getting pushed back.
I believe it! Coming from a black X5, I get why people hate black paint. I started to do my own paint correction and it's become kind of a hobby. In my opinion, nothing looks better than a clean black car, it's very rewarding!

I think it'll be worth the wait.

Reactions: lchen6 and CSTARZZ
Yes, DCU gives a 0.5% decrease to their 1.99% best rate only if you have a 100% direct deposit. Another 0.25% decrease if the car has better than 35mph or pure electric, thus getting you to 1.24%. The process worked well for me and I'm using them for a 1.24% loan x 65mo (max time at that rate)
Do you have any familiarity with how they know you are direct-depositing 100%? My employer allows splitting from their end, do you think DCU would see a split amount as 100%? Only trying to game the system a little because I have always taken issue with these arbitrary 100% direct deposit requirements. I can easily set up auto withdrawals directly after payments hit, so I've never understood the difference.

Reactions: PatrickTM