Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday was pretty exhausting, but we finally have the MY home! We live over an hour away from Tyco SC in NOVA and it was terrible weather and traffic, but we finally got to the SC! The delivery sequence essentially went as follows:

1. My wife had the Tesla app open as we pulled up to the parking lot
2. She said the car on the app "woke up" and told us to drive near to the car
3. After driving around 3 times since NO ONE is there to help you (really fun) we finally found her car and her name in the dashboard (pretty cool)
4. We walked up to the car and we were able to get right in and play around
5. All the papers, contract, window sticker, extra key cards, etc. were all sitting inside the passenger side
6. The charging bundle and front license plate were sitting in the trunk
7. First impressions is we were BLOWN away by the white interior - its stunning
8. I then proceeded to just go through my mental checklist and make sure everything works and looks "right"
9. I only found 1 "issue" and that was the trim panel on the back of the bench seat wasn't quite seated right, but other than that, the car was flawless. We already need a service appt for the garage door thing so they can address it then, no worries
10. We sat there for probably 30 mins just playing with all the tech, etc.
11. Again, there was NO ONE there to bother us, so once we were finally hungry and tired of playing with the screen we left for the loooooong trek home

As they say "it's so worth the wait". Hang in there TMC fam, it was 96 days of waiting for us, but well worth it, it's an amazing machine.View attachment 698546

Already installed sport pedals, mudflaps, and screen protector. Next up is floormats, tint, leather conditioning, ppf, and ceramic coating. Also, it's soooo freaking cool to just be able to charge your car in your garage, at home, crazy. Cheers!
Friendly warning to not use leather cleaners or conditioners. The seats are synthetic and there's a bunch of posts on the forums where seats have cracked and shriveled up when using chemicals designed for leather. Just stick to baby wipes.

From my experience when I ordered my Tesla the configuration page already said Delivery estimate: September.
My EDD has been pushed to October a couple of times but now remains in Sept 14-Sept 30 so I can not really complain yet.
Hope it doesn't go back anymore but by the Stories, you guys share over here can not be sure of that.
OD 06/26. MYLR 7seater White on white,20" wheel, NO FSD, NO HITCH
I have the same dates as you. 9/14 - 9/30 was 9/13 to 9/30 for some time before that. I think it will be sometime in October, which is Ok with me.

Reactions: CSTARZZ
Yesterday was pretty exhausting, but we finally have the MY home! We live over an hour away from Tyco SC in NOVA and it was terrible weather and traffic, but we finally got to the SC! The delivery sequence essentially went as follows:

1. My wife had the Tesla app open as we pulled up to the parking lot
2. She said the car on the app "woke up" and told us to drive near to the car
3. After driving around 3 times since NO ONE is there to help you (really fun) we finally found her car and her name in the dashboard (pretty cool)
4. We walked up to the car and we were able to get right in and play around
5. All the papers, contract, window sticker, extra key cards, etc. were all sitting inside the passenger side
6. The charging bundle and front license plate were sitting in the trunk
7. First impressions is we were BLOWN away by the white interior - its stunning
8. I then proceeded to just go through my mental checklist and make sure everything works and looks "right"
9. I only found 1 "issue" and that was the trim panel on the back of the bench seat wasn't quite seated right, but other than that, the car was flawless. We already need a service appt for the garage door thing so they can address it then, no worries
10. We sat there for probably 30 mins just playing with all the tech, etc.
11. Again, there was NO ONE there to bother us, so once we were finally hungry and tired of playing with the screen we left for the loooooong trek home

As they say "it's so worth the wait". Hang in there TMC fam, it was 96 days of waiting for us, but well worth it, it's an amazing machine.View attachment 698546

Already installed sport pedals, mudflaps, and screen protector. Next up is floormats, tint, leather conditioning, ppf, and ceramic coating. Also, it's soooo freaking cool to just be able to charge your car in your garage, at home, crazy. Cheers!
Congratulations - enjoy! That is my exact config - it looks great :)

but if you changed color, you are requeued.. some got deliveries based off original order date, but any change will requeue back.
That’s the thing, they said it didn’t change, my SA and the guy I spoke to says that the EDD update does not happen to everyone. I think it depends on how long after you placed your order you changed something. My was a 3 week difference. She had told me when i made that my Edd “might” change to November, but she said it wasn’t 100%, she just said it might happen.

Random question - In the event that the delivery date lands during my business trip, would Tesla be able to hold my vehicle until I return(prob within a week)? I believe they normally hold for 3 days before selling to someone else..
So I talked about this with my SA right when I ordered because I travel a lot for business and she (and her manager) told me that as long as I'm responsive and communicate with them, they will hold the car a reasonable amount of time (a week or two). They told me that the "language" was put in the buying agreement for 3 days because people were not ready for delivery and expecting Tesla to hold the cars for weeks.

Not sure what to believe these days, but that's what I was told. Right now I'm luckily not traveling for work during my EDD for pickups (knock on wood).

Random question - In the event that the delivery date lands during my business trip, would Tesla be able to hold my vehicle until I return(prob within a week)? I believe they normally hold for 3 days before selling to someone else..
My guess is this isn't a 'Tesla' answer, it's probably a SC answer and would probably depend on how crowded it is t the time. You'll get 42 different answers here, but the only one I'd actually trust is from your SC at a date somewhat close to your pickup date so they know how much congestion they have, predicted inflows, etc.

So I talked about this with my SA right when I ordered because I travel a lot for business and she (and her manager) told me that as long as I'm responsive and communicate with them, they will hold the car a reasonable amount of time (a week or two). They told me that the "language" was put in the buying agreement for 3 days because people were not ready for delivery and expecting Tesla to hold the cars for weeks.

Not sure what to believe these days, but that's what I was told. Right now I'm luckily not traveling for work during my EDD for pickups (knock on wood).
Noted! I should reach out to my SA as I near the EDD. Thanks for your feedback.

Hi guys quick question regarding DCU loan application....Did you avail the .5% for plus member benefits right away after setting up your direct deposit?
So for the application itself, they gave me a loan agreement that had that discount, without any of my direct deposit going in. They basically said that if I do take up a loan with them, if they dont see the direct deposit coming in, they'll take away the discount after a certain time frame.

Reactions: GoGators! and Rovin
Question on the Y rear seats:

I noticed during my test drive it did not look like the center seat has car seat anchors, they appeared to only be on the rear driver and passenger seat sides. Can anyone confirm this? We have always put my daughter's seat in the center as the safest part of the car (when her seat could use anchors), and we have another on the way so it would be great to be able to keep the future infant in the middle.