Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue Button Day!!! šŸŽ‰šŸ¾

OD 5/23 | MYLR | White on Black | 7seater | Tow | Inductions

Taking delivery in Dedham MA

Attachments

• 356F093B-0CE7-4D6F-9037-994D30F24498.png
    356F093B-0CE7-4D6F-9037-994D30F24498.png
    446 KB · Views: 62
Blue Button Day!!! šŸŽ‰šŸ¾

OD 5/23 | MYLR | White on Black | 7seater | Tow | Inductions

Taking delivery in Dedham MA
Congrats. I can't wait to press the real Blue button.

I can only imagine what it feels like pressing that Blue button.

I do practice every day, multiple times a day using the Tesla account "SIGN IN" Blue button. So when time come (if) I am ready. šŸ¤£

1629385739766.png

Random question - In the event that the delivery date lands during my business trip, would Tesla be able to hold my vehicle until I return(prob within a week)? I believe they normally hold for 3 days before selling to someone else..
My delivery range was set for the next week - when I'll be away taking my kid to college: 8/22-8/28. I wont be back home until 8/30. I called the service center and they were fine with me scheduling for the morning of 8/31.

Reactions: CSTARZZ
Yesterday was pretty exhausting, but we finally have the MY home! We live over an hour away from Tyco SC in NOVA and it was terrible weather and traffic, but we finally got to the SC! The delivery sequence essentially went as follows:

1. My wife had the Tesla app open as we pulled up to the parking lot
2. She said the car on the app "woke up" and told us to drive near to the car
3. After driving around 3 times since NO ONE is there to help you (really fun) we finally found her car and her name in the dashboard (pretty cool)
4. We walked up to the car and we were able to get right in and play around
5. All the papers, contract, window sticker, extra key cards, etc. were all sitting inside the passenger side
6. The charging bundle and front license plate were sitting in the trunk
7. First impressions is we were BLOWN away by the white interior - its stunning
8. I then proceeded to just go through my mental checklist and make sure everything works and looks "right"
9. I only found 1 "issue" and that was the trim panel on the back of the bench seat wasn't quite seated right, but other than that, the car was flawless. We already need a service appt for the garage door thing so they can address it then, no worries
10. We sat there for probably 30 mins just playing with all the tech, etc.
11. Again, there was NO ONE there to bother us, so once we were finally hungry and tired of playing with the screen we left for the loooooong trek home

As they say "it's so worth the wait". Hang in there TMC fam, it was 96 days of waiting for us, but well worth it, it's an amazing machine.View attachment 698546

Already installed sport pedals, mudflaps, and screen protector. Next up is floormats, tint, leather conditioning, ppf, and ceramic coating. Also, it's soooo freaking cool to just be able to charge your car in your garage, at home, crazy. Cheers!
what kind of mudflaps did you go with? Also car looks fantastic, so glad I chose blue after looking at your blue and others' blue deliveries!

They had cars parked in the driving lanes because of lack of space, and this was at 4pm, I assume that they have been delivering cars all day (I saw at least four leave in the 20 mins that I was there). Now I understand why they want you to take delivery within 3 days, if not they will not have room for the next truck load.
True. Space is at a premium at most Tesla DCs, even though their new strategy for physical infrastructure is to look for cheap real estate and not high end shopping centers.

E.g. they're opening a new Tesla Store in Eatontown Borough, NJ in an old abandoned building that's been vacant for four years. One of the agreements with the town is that it won't look like a car dealership, no giant holding lots, and the demo cars will look like normal customer cars, parked in normal customer parking spots. That was the condition of the zoning waiver, since car sales is technically not allowed at that site by local zoning rules.

That being said, Tesla certainly can lease additional parking garages/lots to hold temporary local inventory, which giving customers some leeway with regard to the three-day-rule. Many car dealers in big cities do this but alas Tesla does not, and some customers suffer for it. Maybe they'll change when demand eventually stabilizes.