Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in your case, it’s essentially $780 per year for the Model Y, in a bundled multi-policy. That’s $65 per month. Dirt cheap!

I don’t know your coverages and demographics, but I’ll go ahead and assume you have 100/300/100, collision, comp, and uninsured. Also assuming you’re married and older than 30.
Yep and kept collision and comp @ $1000. Dropped all the extra crap they try to force on you with every quote like rental reimbursement or the warranty-esque insurance (Engine coverage?? Who needs that)

Reactions: PatrickTM
Congrats @CSTARZZ !

As an aside, this reminds me quite a lot of the one other time I ordered a vehicle and waited 6 months to get it, back in 2008 for a Jetta Sportwagen TDI (09 model - later to become embroiled in the dieselgate scandal - but that's another topic). I remember a very long (but not nearly this long) thread on tdiclub with people comparing when they ordered vs. when they got a vin, people getting offered alternate configurations earlier presumably because of buyers backing out, all that fun. It's like deja-vu all over again :)

Reactions: CSTARZZ
Not in most areas. Seems to be mostly Canada and other extreme winter environments that get PPF and flaps. I’m in NJ and didn’t get flaps or PPF included. I bought the flaps and they were very easy to install. It took less than 5 minutes.
BECAUSE: Tesla Model 3 Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Its Premature Peeling Paint | Top Class Actions Canada

Tesla like most companies does not do things out of the kindness of their heart. It has nothing to do with cold-weather regions. It has to do with there being a class action lawsuit in Canada. Policy and case law drive change.

Accessories question -

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good driver seat cover?

Before I am judged about ruining the stock nature of such nice seats, I sweat a lot. And especially now, when I go to the gym despite being vaccinated I still wear a mask and no longer feel comfortable showering there. So when I come out you can assume it looks like I did take a shower and it's a little disgusting. I would love to find something that is waterproof/resistant that maintains the feel of the seat but protects it from me.

I think Tesla used to be notoriously expensive to insure. @ajs847 , @te$laWhy , and myself all ran quotes recently and they’re pretty much in line with any fossil car in that price range.

I will say though, one must shop around and compare. I’ve used by existing insurer for over 10 years bow and they’re rates are great. When I ran quite some companies would charge triple my current rates.
I would have agreed with you except for the quotes I got from some major insurance carriers were laughable. I've been a USAA member since I joined the AF in 2006 with banking and various other products. Never had their insurance, but they wanted to increase my premium by 6k a year? I thought it was odd so I called to make sure and they told me that Tesla's are very expensive to repair and often have long repair windows requiring long-term rentals so the quote was accurate.. Then I have a friend who switched to USAA and his insurance went down when he got a model 3 so I think the insurance companies are using that Tesla EDD algorithm.

I would have agreed with you except for the quotes I got from some major insurance carriers were laughable. I've been a USAA member since I joined the AF in 2006 with banking and various other products. Never had their insurance, but they wanted to increase my premium by 6k a year? I thought it was odd so I called to make sure and they told me that Tesla's are very expensive to repair and often have long repair windows requiring long-term rentals so the quote was accurate.. Then I have a friend who switched to USAA and his insurance went down when he got a model 3 so I think the insurance companies are using that Tesla EDD algorithm.
Our Audi A6 Prestige was more expensive to insure than any other vehicle I've ever owned thus far, with that context the Tesla Y is going to be about the same to insure through Erie for the same levels of coverage.

I got a quote through progressive for $103/month, or $549 if the 6 month premium is paid in full. I’m currently with geico and have been with them for what seems like forever but haven’t asked them yet for a quote

Reactions: PatrickTM
Holy guacamole! I’m also a USAA member, been with them since I joined the AF in 2009. When I PCSd to Boston last summer I decided to just check insurance quotes just in case. Lo and behold, everybody else was 2x to 3x more expensive. The variations in premiums were unbelievable.

That being said, I was pleasantly surprised when USAA quoted a 2021 Model Y LR. Currently I pay $60 per month for 2015 Prius. When I add a Model Y, the Prius drops to $55 per month, and Model Y is $75 per month.

Reactions: MBx4
so question for all of you, how do develop a relationship with a SA? I scheduled a test drive this week and some complete ass was assigned to us, he was late and tried to cut our test drive short because of it, and I then ordered online. Is he my SA? God I hope not.
When I placed my order, it was assigned to a totally random SA. They texted me with follow up. I texted the SA I arranged my test drive with, because he was very knowledgeable about my situation (active duty military from out of state) and recently worked with another service member. I asked him to be my SA (“will you be my SA, till death do us part?”), and he said yes! So he grabbed my account from the system generated SA. Okay jokes aside…

If you just placed your order, the auto assigned SA should reach out in a day or two and introduce themselves. If it’s not the ass, then make sure you respond quickly and make sure they remain your SA. If it still is him, then I’d call Tesla and ask for a new one.

Reactions: boingolover
Ordered on July 10th and taking delivery in a week? Really? MYLR? What color? You are extremely lucky them. I ordered July 15th and estimate is 25th October to 14th November!!!!
This is why we need to post order details in sig. Looking through old posts it looks like it was changed to a P. But otherwise, yes that’d be an amazingly short wait time!

Current Delivery Times

so question for all of you, how do develop a relationship with a SA? I scheduled a test drive this week and some complete ass was assigned to us, he was late and tried to cut our test drive short because of it, and I then ordered online. Is he my SA? God I hope not.
after i ordered our Y i was assuming i would have the same SA i had when i ordered my 3. When i emailed her she said i prob wouldn't have an SA since they are going to an automated system.
when i did the online chat they said my SA was Logan out of the Brentwood store (even though pickup was in Atlanta). i am assuming because we did a test drive there while on vacation.
He has been pretty good about responding to my emails, but doesn't seem to have as much insight as i have with the EDD.

i also got a text from someone at the new Pearl, MS store asking if i wanted a test drive. i asked if he could change my delivery from Atlanta to their location since they are closer. He responded a couple hours later that he was able to make the change.

so i would think you could talk to any SA and have them help you if you aren't a fan of your current SA