Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How soon after receiving their VIN have people heard from Tesla or their SA about setting up a date/ time for delivery? I got my vin 5 days ago and my SA said around the end of the week so I'll be patient until friday but I know @CSTARZZ already has a date and time and we got our vins relatively closely so... how'd you get your delivery date if you have a vin?
I called my delivery center and they scheduled an appointment for me same day. From my conversation with the Delivery Advisor, it sounds like you won’t get a text until they can guarantee it will be available and on location for you. He stated my car just finished being made the night before and was waiting to be assigned transit to AZ.

Let me know that he could make a Delivery Appointment based on best current estimates that the car would arrive on 8/26, but wanted me to be aware that they couldn’t guarantee it would be ready on the 27th so I just made a pickup appointment for 8/29 to give a couple day buffer.

How soon after receiving their VIN have people heard from Tesla or their SA about setting up a date/ time for delivery? I got my vin 5 days ago and my SA said around the end of the week so I'll be patient until friday but I know @CSTARZZ already has a date and time and we got our vins relatively closely so... how'd you get your delivery date if you have a vin?
My SA called me personally the following day - I thought it was sweet of her :)

I never had any text or email from the SC until there was a delay on my pickup due to a paint issue. It was fixed yesterday and now my delivery is this Saturday.

Please don't take this the wrong way but after holding solid for 3 weeks with a Nov delivery my account just updated today and to my surprise I have a VIN5YJYGAEE2MF248*** and a delivery scheduled for 8/25 - 8/28. I don't want to sound ungrateful because I know people have been waiting for months for their vehicles. I am totally not prepared for the new delivery yet as I was going to pay off my old vehicle next month so I could sell it and put a down payment on the new vehicle. Also I have no financing lined up yet. How did I get a VIN so soon? How far out can I push my actual delivery date? If I refuse delivery do I go back to the end of the line for a new delivery date?
I wouldn't hold my breath. I had a delivery date at the beginning of August (after they assigned my VIN at the end of July). They've just kept moving it a week forward each week. I've had it move a total of six times now. If you push out your delivery more than a few days, you basically go to the end of the line.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I had a delivery date at the beginning of August (after they assigned my VIN at the end of July). They've just kept moving it a week forward each week. I've had it move a total of six times now. If you push out your delivery more than a few days, you basically go to the end of the line.
You ordered on the first of July and got a VIN on the 27th? That’s a goddamn miracle. What’s your VIN?

EDD not changed, holding tight for couple of days now.

Trade-In expired yesterday for the second time. After I updated the odometer reading, online account page has been showing 'Trade-In Valuation in Progress' for more than 24 hours by now.

I replied to the email [email protected] ( Trade Support Advisor, Central Order Support Team) I had received last time, received an immediate reply from [email protected] ( Trade Support Advisor, South Central Order Support). Reply did not make me happy or answer my concerns, at least I received a reply, assuring they are working on it.

I have Highlighted e-mail ids just in case anyone finds them useful, I believe there are region specific e-mail group ids being used by Tesla order support team, I am from Texas, a south-central makes sense.
Same thing happened to me. My trade in expired for the second time Sat and I submitted the updated odometer reading immediately but it showed same message for 3 days before I called TESLA and shortly after the call the trade in was accepted again. First time it expired in July I let it sit at ”trade in valuation progress” for 2 weeks before I called and then it got accepted shortly after the call.