Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the software issue, I’d expect the time between Y VIN assignment and delivery will be days, if not same day, versus 7-14 days as was typical. So many Ys seem to be in place and ready. Come on Tesla, file your homologation *sugar* on time and update firmware accordingly!
How do you think that will work with insurance? I’m under the impression you have to have your vin to get insurance, and you have to have your Tesla actually on your insurance to take delivery in many states (including mine, CO).

How do you think that will work with insurance? I’m under the impression you have to have your vin to get insurance, and you have to have your Tesla actually on your insurance to take delivery in many states (including mine, CO).
Same in my state (UT). Although it’s an added layer, I don’t see it as being a major obstacle. I can call my agent, have him price out several companies, choose one and have the policy documents emailed directly to me - the whole process taking about 30 min to an hour. So long as it doesn’t fall on a weekend, same day shouldn’t be impossible🤞🏻

I emailed my SA at the Kitchener Service Centre today about my lack of dates and to see if he could tell me anything. He replied with:
"There has been slight delays in transport due to COVID. We will inform you once the car has crossed the border and is being setup for delivery. We hope to have an update in the near future"
Who did you speak with? When I spoke to my SA Brandon I was told the vehicles are already in the lot just waiting for this whole firmware/VIN assignment issue to be resolved