Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day three and these are the first pics I’ve taken. I pulled the wheel covers right after I got it home, and I was surprised how dirty the wheels were so I got them all cleaned up. It did give me a chance to get up close a really check out the whole car in good light. The exterior was perfect, but inside I did find some kind of adhesive or something like it on the glass roof above the the backseat. Pretty sure I can get it off without damaging the tint. Looking at that front bumper with all those bugs, not to mention inevitable rock chips, it’s obvious I’ve gotta get some PPF before any road trips. Speaking of road trips, these cars are really gonna shine. It’s name is Jetson. My wife said that’s ridiculous and she may be right so I chose a more formal one. The Jetson.:)
That looks great! And it’s exactly what I want to do with mine. Where did you buy the center cap and lug nut covers? Tesla?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
MUY BUENO!! VIN 268! SANDIA!! Watermelon Crazy! Will I check my account less or will it be worse???
Well, if you weren't here for end of quarter last quarter, you might be safe... If you weren't, well, some folks lost VINs at EOQ because they weren't going to be able to take delivery before EOQ, or it was incorrectly allocated, etc. etc, so that has created stress... Now that I am a week in since getting my VIN and have an Delivery date and time, I am just checking once a day to see if anything new has popped up in the account.

I would make sure you talk to you SA and lock in your car, delivery day, payment, etc.

Good morning friends. No change in my EDD. Sept 21-30. I’ve spent quality time watching YouTube videos on properly cleaning my car so I can do it right, from the very beginning. No more going through car wash going forward, if possible!

Well EDD is still 9/13 to 9/30. Officially in my EDD window now lol. No VIN. Interesting, I thought the start date of the EDD would shift…but apparently not.
I’ve been in my EDD window several times. It will update tomorrow because they at least realize they can’t deliver in the past (yet…).

Last edited:
Hang in there everyone, there is a huge element of surprise in this process. Not sure if that is intentional but it sure makes it exciting. I don't think I have been this giddy about a purchase in a long time. My plan is to talk to my SA today --- I have called and texted and emailed - no I am not anxious :) then initiate a wire transfer and hopefully set up a clean pick up in Richmond. I am also aware that more surprises could come and I could lose my VIN but I am not counting on that at the moment. Stay positive! I will keep posting my progress as I hope it will be helpful. One thing --- the addiction of checking my account has not abated!!!

Good morning friends. No change in my EDD. Sept 21-30. I’ve spent quality time watching YouTube videos on properly cleaning my car so I can do it right, from the very beginning. No more going through car wash going forward, if possible!
If you're using the waterless stuff, be very careful. I'm sure the videos have covered this, but spray a lot and replace your microfiber towels liberally. Just go ahead and buy a 50 pack of microfiber towels now, because you should be using 20 or more towels per car if you're doing it right. Again, be very careful.

If you're not using the waterless stuff, just follow instructions as the normal carwash detergents are a lot more forgiving.

Hi. Good morning VIN seekers! I got my VIN early Saturday for my May 31 order. EDD with the VIN was 9/25-28. When I went in to upload my insurance card this morning, my EDD had changed to 9/20-26.

I chatted with someone on the Tesla site on Sunday, asking them to ping my car to see where it was. The rep said they can’t do that and I have to wait to hear from my delivery center to schedule an appt to get the car.

I also asked the rep in the chat about cable adapters I would have to buy. I have the Tesla wall charger and the rep said I would receive the cable adapter kit with the car so it does not seem I need to buy anything else. Is that true?

for the record, I certainly feel better that I have a VIN but I still don’t have a car… so then there’s that!

Hi. Good morning VIN seekers! I got my VIN early Saturday for my May 31 order. EDD with the VIN was 9/25-28. When I went in to upload my insurance card this morning, my EDD had changed to 9/20-26.

I chatted with someone on the Tesla site on Sunday, asking them to ping my car to see where it was. The rep said they can’t do that and I have to wait to hear from my delivery center to schedule an appt to get the car.

I also asked the rep in the chat about cable adapters I would have to buy. I have the Tesla wall charger and the rep said I would receive the cable adapter kit with the car so it does not seem I need to buy anything else. Is that true?

for the record, I certainly feel better that I have a VIN but I still don’t have a car… so then there’s that!
Congrats on getting VIN. I think you still need to buy NEMA 14-50 adapter if you're going to be using 240v Fast charging. Tesla doesn't give them adapter anymore. Its $45 on tesla site.

Congrats on the VIN!

The Tesla no longer comes with the cable adapter kit, but you won't need any adapters if you have the Wall *Connector* installed. The adapters are for the UMC.

The only adapter the car comes with is the J1772 to Tesla, which allows you to connect to a Level 2 plug at public charging stations.

The “Agreement” tab is blue…. Tomorrow is delivery day. So excited!

Attachments

• 98656C66-17BD-440D-9924-2BF6318B02FF.png
    98656C66-17BD-440D-9924-2BF6318B02FF.png
    353 KB · Views: 74