Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR, MSM
OD: (6/18) in WA
EDD Pre-VIN: (9/11-9/28)
VIN: (9/13) 266,XXX, 87 days since OD
Current EDD: (9/16-9/19)

I'm heading cross-country in a couple of days and will be gone until 9/27. Do not want them to deliver while I'm not here.

I'm not really sure what to do now? Do I contact SA and request delay in delivery, I suspect this is not even possible? Will a rejection of VIN automatically put my order on hold? Will my new EDD be 02/2022 since I'll be moved to the back of the line?

This is the worst timing for me, as I expected.
Ouch, you should of mentioned to you SA you would be on vacation so she could of noted it on your account. I did this for my vacation and my edd changed to after my vacation. To be honest no know really knows some gets lucky and it a few days or fews after but some goes back at the end. Try to contact your SA to see if they can help you out.

Reactions: PatrickTM
My unhealthy Tesla obsession = a drive by of the Knoxville Tesla Service Center after I landed at the airport from my weekend business trip. Scheduled delivery tomorrow morning, I figured I would see my MYP sitting outside. I was briefly excited when I saw a white one, only to see it had white interior. No dice! There was a nice red one sitting next to it. Both were being detailed when I drove through. Mine was no where to be found. Damn…

P.S. The service center is 10 minutes from my house. That has to lessen the degree of stalking going on? Right?

Attachments

• 7B5F5A10-3B75-4E95-89C4-B1B94D4FBC33.jpeg
    7B5F5A10-3B75-4E95-89C4-B1B94D4FBC33.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 55
Oh no! Can someone else take delivery instead of you, as long as the paperwork is done, and you trust this person, let's say?
MYLR, MSM
OD: (6/18) in WA
EDD Pre-VIN: (9/11-9/28)
VIN: (9/13) 266,XXX, 87 days since OD
Current EDD: (9/16-9/19)

I'm heading cross-country in a couple of days and will be gone until 9/27. Do not want them to deliver while I'm not here.

I'm not really sure what to do now? Do I contact SA and request delay in delivery, I suspect this is not even possible? Will a rejection of VIN automatically put my order on hold? Will my new EDD be 02/2022 since I'll be moved to the back of the line?

This is the worst timing for me, as I expected.
You can use a Power of Attorney to allow someone else to take delivery for you

Ouch, you should of mentioned to you SA you would be on vacation so she could of noted it on your account. I did this for my vacation and my edd changed to after my vacation. To be honest no know really knows some gets lucky and it a few days or fews after but some goes back at the end. Try to contact your SA to see if they can help you out.
I actually did. He told me that I was scheduled for Late August, early September at the latest. Obviously, that did not turn out to be right so now I'll have to see what my options are.

How long after checking your Order and seeing a VIN did you get contacted to schedule delivery? Did the updated EDD after receiving VIN turn out to be accurate?
My husband was contacted within a day for his M3LR, and was able to set up delivery within I think 3 days of getting the VIN (VIN on Tuesday, delivery on Friday). That was 2 weeks ago - Lynnwood SC for home delivery in Seattle.

Going to reach out to my SA to see what my options are. Based on my attempted inventory purchase, they were extremely strict about their 3 day delivery window. I'm totally OK with losing the VIN and getting reassigned in a few weeks, but a 5+ additional months would suck.
We had an issue similar where we might have been unavailable when delivery might happen. Our SA said we could come in prior to delivery, sign all of the paperwork, and Tesla could drop the car at our house. You wouldn't get to inspect the car prior to accepting it but you would be able to take delivery while being out of town. This probably is also contingent on having a safe place for Tesla to drop off the Y. I doubt they would leave it on a street unless you signed a waiver against damage. We have a driveway so that was an acceptable place for them to leave the car if we couldn't be present on DD. Fortunately,our M3 is coming early so we don't have to do this.

Thanks! Yeah I just ordered them through Tesla. They’re really lightweight but they’re also pretty good quality. $50 seems a bit steep but you really have to have something to cover up the center hub and lug nuts.
When you say "you really have to have something to cover up the center hub...", I hope you mean that "aesthetically speaking, it looks very nice to have a center cap."

Because no, you do not have to cover up the center hub. It is 100% aesthetic, not functional at all.