Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I miss this thread a bit lol.

Checked Tesla site and new orders for MY now showing March delivery? WTF!? Demand must be through the roof. That’s insane.
Not surprising. A month ago my EDD went from November 2021 to January 2022. Anyone ordering now will have to wait 5-6 months. From what I've read it's just the LR due to the lack of batteries. The P can be delivered within a couple months. Problem is who needs to go that much faster? Range > Speed since most areas have this thing call speed limits :D

As with other posters recently, when 1 day past the front end of the EDD, the EDD moves back 3 days.

9/17 - 9/30 ====> 9/20 - 9/30 today.
Something unusual happened to my EDD. It moved up one day sooner from Sept 21-30 to now showing Sept 20-30.
Seems CA orders add the same OD having the same EDD now, same batch I assume?…

EDD changed from 9/21-30 to 9/20-30. Getting nearer so I guess this is a good sign?

I feel like an expecting mother told that my due date is this Monday. Packing my bags and pillows getting ready to dash for the SC 😅
The same thing just happened to me. We have the same specs, so my guess is that they are doing a Red/ white run at the factory.

That is crazy!!! Could you update your signature- Go to ACCOUNT and type in details as you see in my signature including location in the CUSTOM TITLE space so folks can easily see your info
I also ordered in June, the 20th. My EDD has been 10/15 - 11/04 for almost 3 weeks. The only time it’s been consistent has been these last 3 weeks. Prior to that it would literally change everyday. And it was almost always early to mid September.

Not surprising. A month ago my EDD went from November 2021 to January 2022. Anyone ordering now will have to wait 5-6 months. From what I've read it's just the LR due to the lack of batteries. The P can be delivered within a couple months. Problem is who needs to go that much faster? Range > Speed since most areas have this thing call speed limits :D
The LR and the P use the same batteries though. Also the model 3 standard range plus has the same march estimated delivery date for new orders. The battery supply may well be squeezed, but that has little to do with the delivery times imo.

So I tried to grab an inventory car yesterday morning… put it in my account. It said delivery had to be between the 17th - 20th. The car is located 3 hours away. Spoke to an advisor and was told to get the financing and all requirements together. Everything came together after some leg work only to get a text this morning that due to state laws I cannot pick the car up and Tesla isn’t transporting between delivery centers at the moment. I’m sick to my stomach. Good thing I kept my original order. I also kept the new order as it is the same build but with 20’s. Wondering if I’ll be matched with something since it showed a vin in the account. Welp I tried. Guess the wait continues!

So I tried to grab an inventory car yesterday morning… put it in my account. It said delivery had to be between the 17th - 20th. The car is located 3 hours away. Spoke to an advisor and was told to get the financing and all requirements together. Everything came together after some leg work only to get a text this morning that due to state laws I cannot pick the car up and Tesla isn’t transporting between delivery centers at the moment. I’m sick to my stomach. Good thing I kept my original order. I also kept the new order as it is the same build but with 20’s. Wondering if I’ll be matched with something since it showed a vin in the account. Welp I tried. Guess the wait continues!
Ok just got salt in my wound! They sent a text telling me to schedule the delivery! Ugh

Mine is 9/18 to 9/30 which I'm in today. Hoping for VIN!
Fingers crossed but they usually assign a VIN before being in the EDD. You’re probably going to have your EDD updated tomorrow or so since you don’t have a VIN yet.

lots of people in the CA waiting room thread have had the same thing happen. They enter their EDD without a VIN and next day or two the EDD will update.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed but they usually assign a VIN before being in the EDD. You’re probably going to have your EDD updated tomorrow or so since you don’t have a VIN yet.

lots of people in the CA waiting room thread have had the same thing happen. They enter their EDD without a VIN and next day or two the EDD will update.
9/18 to 9/30 yesterday. Pushed to 9/25 to 9/30 this morning. Good it is still in September.

Finally got an EDD on my account of “March” with no actual date range. Estimate for delivery when I ordered was January, then it showed February the day after I updated my order from 5 to 7 seats. Effective order date after the change was 9/9. I know they could come in well before or after this date, figured I’d share with the group since I’d never seen a deliver date estimate once my order was submitted.

While I’m slightly disappointed because I’d like the car now (my lizard brain wants instant gratification, lol), I’m happy to wait until then because we have a workable second vehicle and I won’t feel bad running all seasons late winter. I also wouldn’t mind a shot at the 4680s, which is still a long shot for March IMO.

I’ll just be living vicariously through delivery announcements on this thread. I hope everyone enjoys their new vehicles, tell your friends to order now if they want one in the first half of ‘22.

What is 20 miles?

Speed > 20 miles

hmm thought it would charge much faster 🤷🏻‍♂️

ABC876E8-D4F2-40FA-AA4E-3BC089E0DED0.jpeg

Reactions: ConchChick