Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...took delivery today. Couple of small things were noted, gave check signed papers and on the lot before even driving I get a bunch of ALERTS. Service guy comes out and does a two thumb reset and says when I get home and on wifi I should get updated software. OK I said. Got into the car and drove 1/2 mile and the power steering quit as well as regent braking and several other alerts. With great effort I got it back to the SC and it is now in service. Well got to drive it one mile. Really bummed out. Wife is now afraid of the car.
That is just awful! I am so sorry to hear! I hope they get it all fixed and that your wife gains some confidence in it. Best of luck, and keep us posted!

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
“Tesla Update - Hello, this is to inform you that to better serve you, we have updated your delivery location to our Peabody, MA delivery center. This center is located at 210 Andover St, Peabody, MA. This will not affect your delivery time-frame. Please reach out to your local Tesla Advisor if you have any questions or concerns.”

Got this few minutes back. Anyone else got similar and is it good sign or bad sign. At least I was working with someone at old location who knew they mucked up my delivery and trying to prioritize. Not sure how it will serve me better.

So...took delivery today. Couple of small things were noted, gave check signed papers and on the lot before even driving I get a bunch of ALERTS. Service guy comes out and does a two thumb reset and says when I get home and on wifi I should get updated software. OK I said. Got into the car and drove 1/2 mile and the power steering quit as well as regent braking and several other alerts. With great effort I got it back to the SC and it is now in service. Well got to drive it one mile. Really bummed out. Wife is now afraid of the car.
So sorry to hear this. And I would be in the exact same boat if it happened to me. I would predict an extreme number of eye rolls.. I hope it gets fixed for you quickly.

I received a message from a member of the Delivery Team at the SC where I will pick up my car. Ironically, his last name is Ford. The message had info about charging and accessories. I have a wall connector already because I had a Model 3 which I sold to Carvana. Of note he told me they will be installing mud flaps on my MY. Yay!

My EDD is Nov 4-24, so I will continue to wait patiently. The good news is the beginning of that date range is only a month away.

Reactions: Ladybugn
Yep, it’s the climate control from the app!
Funny thig is, my brother just came back from the SC, we couldn't get the aero caps off......so yeah I sent him to the SC.
He comes back and says "It's weird but I lost like 30 miles during the night...." I told him you have a temperature set. His shocking squeal was pretty high pitched, followed by "How do you know this stuff about my car" 🤣

That really stinks, sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully they get the issue figured out ASAP and you’re able to earns wifeys trust back with a successful drive away the second time around.

The last time I heard something similar it was a "relatively" simple fix of alignment. But something the service team will need to do. Hopefully your fix is as simple, though annoying when you buy a new car

Reactions: PatrickTM
Did anyone had experience where there car wash shipped before getting a VIN. My EDD is started today. My car was supposed to be shipped today but no VIN yet. My SA just checked and he said its still showing 10/4 for car to be shipped. He said sometimes car gets shipped before you get notified for VIN. I don't believe that so I was wondering if anyone had that happened to them? Thanks

Did anyone had experience where there car wash shipped before getting a VIN. My EDD is started today. My car was supposed to be shipped today but no VIN yet. My SA just checked and he said its still showing 10/4 for car to be shipped. He said sometimes car gets shipped before you get notified for VIN. I don't believe that so I was wondering if anyone had that happened to them? Thanks
We have seen this happening specially for states like TX, sometimes VIN is not assigned until the car enters the state.

Reactions: PatrickTM and Ayaz
We have seen this happening specially for states like TX, sometimes VIN is not assigned until the car enters the state.
Oh really?? That's great to hear. If my Ship date doesn't get pushed back then It might have chance of happening, i guess. Let's see if my ship date change tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

I feel almost guilty reading the above story that we had a seamless home delivery today. It was pretty easy; no financing and no trade, so not much complexity. They left a FedEx envelope in the front seat with the necessary DMV paperwork, which we signed and took our first ride to the FedEx drop box to send off. I went over the car with a fine toothed comb this evening; nothing I could notice, and everything works as intended. Overall great experience so far, knock on wood. Sending positive thoughts to everyone still waiting! It’s worth it! Will look forward to crossing paths here, or on the road!

E0FF41F6-A9A3-4B66-86D0-0C0AA8FEF5D9.jpeg
9B29188B-ACDB-4602-A272-6934BA1E2053.jpeg

I feel almost guilty reading the above story that we had a seamless home delivery today. It was pretty easy; no financing and no trade, so not much complexity. They left a FedEx envelope in the front seat with the necessary DMV paperwork, which we signed and took our first ride to the FedEx drop box to send off. I went over the car with a fine toothed comb this evening; nothing I could notice, and everything works as intended. Overall great experience so far, knock on wood. Sending positive thoughts to everyone still waiting! It’s worth it! Will look forward to crossing paths here, or on the road!

View attachment 717963View attachment 717964
Congrats! And you have impeccable taste by the way :)

This might be down to an alignment issue. Someone else had similar symptoms, but if I recall correctly the fix turned out to be a four wheel alignment. Hopefully yours is a similarly simple fix!

Reactions: PatrickTM
So sorry to hear this. And I would be in the exact same boat if it happened to me. I would predict an extreme number of eye rolls.. I hope it gets fixed for you quickly.
Problem Solved. Car is being replaced. This is such an anomaly for Tesla it might be software or hardware. Unusual problems require unusual fixes. Still a Tesla fan.