Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh really?? That's great to hear. If my Ship date doesn't get pushed back then It might have chance of happening, i guess. Let's see if my ship date change tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

Tesla might have figured out a way to deliver faster in TX now that they got a factory here, earlier there were theories like the cars from Austin plant need to be shipped out of the state and then bring them back in, stupid theory but it was based on old rules that favor dealers. Well, back in 2012, dealers had a point, if Tesla fails as a company, closes shops and disappears from everywhere, dealers will still be there to service, repair the cars. Well, Tesla proved them wrong, Tesla is too strong now, old rules are bound to be twisted.

I believe they are not waiting for the payment anymore for shipping, it gets complicated and may cause unnecessary delays. They can probably ship to local service centers whenever, which could be legal and switch the ownership once customer is done with online payment.

Reactions: Ayaz and PatrickTM
96 days after placing my order, I now have a VIN !! 283xxx. Still a 2021 model (M vin). EDD now 10/15-10/21. I wonder if the service center can track where the car is to give me a narrower delivery window ...
Congratulations!

888-518-3752 and give them your VIN they should be able to tell you exactly where your MY is.

Still sitting on November EDD. I had gotten really excited when it temporarily bumped to October.

Also wondering why anyone cares about model year. Tesla has never done anything model year and only assigns one because they had to (the entire auto industry relies upon it for paperwork.) In the early years, the model year on paper changed with the calendar - so January. But since changes get made rapidly and outside of "model year" why even care?

Still sitting on November EDD. I had gotten really excited when it temporarily bumped to October.

Also wondering why anyone cares about model year. Tesla has never done anything model year and only assigns one because they had to (the entire auto industry relies upon it for paperwork.) In the early years, the model year on paper changed with the calendar - so January. But since changes get made rapidly and outside of "model year" why even care?
I think it's because we've been trained to care over the years of vehicle ownership and the idea that model year is tied to value. Tesla is different but not all consumers know that and even for myself, if everything is equal, I'd rather get a car I can post as a '22 model vs a '21 model year even if it's not guaranteed to bring in more money. Clearly Tesla model years do not work like traditional manufacturers, but we're talking about a thought process engrained in the masses over decades of vehicle ownership.

I think it's because we've been trained to care over the years of vehicle ownership and the idea that model year is tied to value. Tesla is different but not all consumers know that and even for myself, if everything is equal, I'd rather get a car I can post as a '22 model vs a '21 model year even if it's not guaranteed to bring in more money. Clearly Tesla model years do not work like traditional manufacturers, but we're talking about a thought process engrained in the masses over decades of vehicle ownership.
Yeah, I guess you're right. Kind of like gas stations. Folks can't easily wrap their minds around the fact that most charging can be done at home (if your home allows it) so that's precisely why we need far fewer EV chargers than gas stations. But until you think about it that way, it's easy to brush it off as 'I'll get an EV when there are as many stations as gas'

1633441477239.jpeg

Bad news: my EDD starting day got pushed out another day. Good news: my EDD ending day got moved in 5 days, taking my window from 21 to 15 days. Hopefully this is a good sign!

I think it’s purely due to resale value. Otherwise, you’re right it makes no difference!

Reactions: EvEv and PNWLeccy
We have seen this happening specially for states like TX, sometimes VIN is not assigned until the car enters the state.
Well, SA just texted me and said your car is now showing ship date of today so they haven't shipped it yesterday as they said they would. I kinda knew that. Plus I don't have VIN. So i am guessing its getting pushed again. 110 days ans counting.....

Reactions: PatrickTM and chand
Yeah, I guess you're right. Kind of like gas stations. Folks can't easily wrap their minds around the fact that most charging can be done at home (if your home allows it) so that's precisely why we need far fewer EV chargers than gas stations. But until you think about it that way, it's easy to brush it off as 'I'll get an EV when there are as many stations as gas'
I'd say while not logical it'll take some time to change people's mentality about how it works, eventually it'll probably be feature driven like whether your Model Y has a heated steering wheel, Biodefense mode, 4680 batteries, etc... Meanwhile the legacy OEMs will continue to iterate within model year refreshes, I'd guess, so it may just be a specific change in perceived/real value for Tesla vehicles. I'll be curious to see how companies like Rivian and Lucid introduce changes to their models.