Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@PatrickTM - here is the tread.
Thanks for posting! Very interesting and this is a mod that I can do my self. Just gotta find a scrap Model 3 or Model Y seat!

And @acatwith12 Tesla won't sell you the part separately. Yes, they carry it in their parts catalog, yes, they'll fix/replace it under warranty for pre-May 2021 Model Y/3 and all MIC Model 3, but they won't sell it to you if the part doesn't match your VIN. This is one legit criticism of the Tesla store model, vs a dealer/retailer service model.

Cross post:

Update on my paint issue at delivery. Quality Manager at Irvine contacted Manager at Santa Ana on my behalf to get me expedited (orig appt 11/18). Santa Ana manager tried to call me twice on my drive home from delivery but hadn’t setup Bluetooth, so couldn’t pick up. Anyway contacted him yesterday morning and he asked for a couple of more pics via the in-app messaging and my appoint has been moved up to this Monday, so really pleased with how they are handling it. I updated the service request with one more issue I found which will also be addressed. The front passenger side parking sensor wasn’t flush which could cause towels to catch during wash/dry.

Had some time with the sound system which is awesome. Put on Stevie Ray’s Little Wing and wow, big upgrade over my partial premium M3 SR+. Can’t wait to see how it sounds once fully broken in. Also tried AutoPilot but only for about a mile so need to take a longer trip, but seemed much more dialed in than my SR+ In terms of lane keeping within slight turns in the freeway lanes.

Gas prices through the roof!! Apparently in some areas in CA it’s upto $8!!! Holy blips.
Can’t wait for my MYLR!! As the energy secretary said when asked about rising gas price : well if you had an EV you wouldn’t be complaining about gas price.
Sir if stupid way to answer but glad we ordered one!!!

Those of us peasants still with exhausts out the back of our cars 🤣
I always parked butt backwards (nose out) with all of my cars, the ones with exhausts out their back 😆. Actually literally everywhere, not just my garage/driveway. I barely pulled nose in anywhere.
It will come in handy with the MY since the outlet is on the inner side of the garage, and the charging port will be closer, once parked nose out.

Yayyy wohooo Got VIN at 1:40am PST.
MF299×××
OD:7/6 MYLR7 Red/Black, no FSD/Tow.
EDD before vin 10/23-11/3
EDD after VIN 10/25-10/29
Recieved an email no text.
#TeamRed. I have a similar EDD as you from before your VIN and still nothing here 😭 Papa Elon please give me a VIN on this third time of being in my EDD

Overall I’m loving the car. The only nit so far is there’s no front facing camera for parking, so I can’t edge absurdly close in my garage if I need to. Finding this quite a bizarre omission, but there are tons of threads about it so I won’t whine too much 😅
You would think they would at least allow the front camera to be used in parking. Or even better use it as a 360 view.

My hack for getting in the garage is turning on rear view camera and watching for seam between garage and driveway. Once I see it the garage door can close. But yeah the car will also show you inches from various front sensors.
I did an overnight test drive to tide me over, and that’s going to be my hack too.
By the way….I might be scheduling overnight test drives a few more times, that thing is a joy to drive.

#TeamRed. I have a similar EDD as you from before your VIN and still nothing here 😭 Papa Elon please give me a VIN on this third time of being in my EDD
I saw one exact spec as yours in inventory yesterday. Almost almost grabbed it, as in I got the payment screen, but left it since it was a five seater.

Reactions: PatrickTM
This is really a sore subject for me. I'm annoyed that in order to get what I've had with AP 1 since 2015, I have no choice but to purchase the entire FSD. I have lots of thoughts but a la carte and a one-time-transfer options are at the top of my list.

Yep. At both home and at work I'm on the street. Work is a doozy, it's a tiny, congested, construction zone of a neighborhood with broken concrete and trash abound. Yesterday a Model 3 was in the spot I always park in and I was super confused. Out of state tags. Nearby there is a major university. Students live off campus and I see Model 3s crammed into tiny parallel spots. Work is getting a parking garage soon but I'll have my new Y first. TBD if I start commuting with the old S instead of the brand new Y.
Saw someone driving a McLaren down Walnut street by Rittenhouse two weeks ago. Blew my mind someone would have that car on those streets.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Since you just got reapproved, you can leave it for the next 60 days and when it expires, you switch. That way, if you get matched within the next 60 days, you save yourself some trouble.
Just emailed Tesla and got switched to cash within a couple hours. I can switch back to financing through my Tesla account. AND my EDD moved BACK. Now, it's December 24 - December 31

View attachment 724577Well, after roughly 2 months waiting, I now at least have the wall connector installed! A bit anticlimactic, since there’s no use for it yet, but hopefully the car won’t be too far behind? 🤞🤞 (survey says: still 2 months of waiting left)
Funny enough, I just finished converting my NEMA 14-50 outlet to a wall connector last night. Now if I only had a car to charge… 🤔

Attachments

• 6FF1056F-30A2-41C4-BA3C-5F029AA0DD44.jpeg
    6FF1056F-30A2-41C4-BA3C-5F029AA0DD44.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 6761A441-DF8D-419B-A9D2-62838A66BC7E.jpeg
    6761A441-DF8D-419B-A9D2-62838A66BC7E.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 47