Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take this for what it's worth.

I used a checklist when I picked up my 2021 MYLR last November 3rd. Nothing that I had fixed that I noticed from the checklist turned out to be in my favor. The door alignment that took them 3 times to get good enough for my new obsession of panel gaps lead to good appearing fitment but the rear drivers door needed to be slammed shut for the life of the car. The plastic over wheel trim didn't fit well. They replaced the clips with two different sets and the gaps were worse when they were done.

The three worthwhile things I had them correct were grease stains on the headliner (headliner replaced), a missing "Model Y" sill plate on the passenger side, and a ding on the front fender (PDR). I didn't need any checklist to find those.

If you look for faults, you will find them. They will try to correct them and in my experience not always make them perfect, therefore driving you even more crazy.

Take any of these checklists to your current car and realize just how many issues are on your current vehicle that you had no idea.

I'm not a Tesla fanboy, I love all things automotive. I inspected my couple year old Cadillac ATS and brand new Equinox Premier and was amazed how poor those cars looked when trying to find fault. Prior to using the checklist on them I enjoyed the cars and thought they looked good. Once I knew of the issues it's impossible to not obsess over them.

To be clear, I want everyone to have a high quality car that meets every expectation they have, but to enter the delivery process trying to find issue will very likely lead to some longterm disappointments.

Apparently it works differently on android. I know how to make the shortcut be an icon on the homescreen, but I thought I will be able to make checkmarks, which might be the case on an iPhone, but on an android these bullet points are just... bulletpoints...

Apparently it works differently on android. I know how to make the shortcut be an icon on the homescreen, but I thought I will be able to make checkmarks, which might be the case on an iPhone, but on an android these bullet points are just... bulletpoints...
My bad. I misunderstood. This is GitHub. You need the main link HERE. There is a link on the main page with instructions on how to use the app (specifically this link.)

This may be a slightly different version than what was also linked. But they all function about the same. I figured what was posted was similar to what I just linked above in this post.

Last edited:
So...I think I screwed up?

Originally ordered in August, with original EDD Nov-Dec. Life got busy, and I didn't complete all the registration/tasks. Checked my EDD today and now it says May. Did I get pushed out because I didn't complete the lease/financing/cash options and other tasks?

So...I think I screwed up?

Originally ordered in August, with original EDD Nov-Dec. Life got busy, and I didn't complete all the registration/tasks. Checked my EDD today and now it says May. Did I get pushed out because I didn't complete the lease/financing/cash options and other tasks?
Yup. That’s very unfortunate and they certainly don’t make those consequences clear upon ordering. May still might be conservative. And if not you might be in the running for some new features!

Take this for what it's worth.

I used a checklist when I picked up my 2021 MYLR last November 3rd. Nothing that I had fixed that I noticed from the checklist turned out to be in my favor. The door alignment that took them 3 times to get good enough for my new obsession of panel gaps lead to good appearing fitment but the rear drivers door needed to be slammed shut for the life of the car. The plastic over wheel trim didn't fit well. They replaced the clips with two different sets and the gaps were worse when they were done.

The three worthwhile things I had them correct were grease stains on the headliner (headliner replaced), a missing "Model Y" sill plate on the passenger side, and a ding on the front fender (PDR). I didn't need any checklist to find those.

If you look for faults, you will find them. They will try to correct them and in my experience not always make them perfect, therefore driving you even more crazy.

Take any of these checklists to your current car and realize just how many issues are on your current vehicle that you had no idea.

I'm not a Tesla fanboy, I love all things automotive. I inspected my couple year old Cadillac ATS and brand new Equinox Premier and was amazed how poor those cars looked when trying to find fault. Prior to using the checklist on them I enjoyed the cars and thought they looked good. Once I knew of the issues it's impossible to not obsess over them.

To be clear, I want everyone to have a high quality car that meets every expectation they have, but to enter the delivery process trying to find issue will very likely lead to some longterm disappointments.
Thank you! I agree with you 100%. After reading about these build quality issues with Tesla, I have found some with my current 2018 Q5 too. Before this, I always had this feeling that car is perfect.

Buddy of mine ordered a Plaid Model S yesterday. He had texts same day to talk about his order and delivery. EYE ROLL... it took me 2 months of crickets before I begged someone to touch base with me at all.
Could be worse, I have a delivery date set and I still haven't heard from anyone. Had to call the number to find the guy's email, no response since Monday.

• Informative
Reactions: PhillyGal