Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just sharing in case anyone waiting is wondering:

Ordered my Tesla Model Y back in July on July 22, 2021. Estimated delivery date was Mid to Late October when I placed the order back in July. Eventually my account status page updated the estimated delivery to Late October to early November, and then eventually the estimated delivery date disappeared completely.

On November 3, 2021 I received a notification my Tesla Model Y was ready for pickup, and my pickup appointment was the following day on November 4, 2021 at noon. (Fremont Factory pickup.) At the time of my notification on November 3rd is when I received my VIN, and so had about 24 hours to get my insurance, digital agreements, and payment completed. It was a bit of a rush, but all ended up working out well and I drove off with my Model Y the next day on November 4th. I'm now just a few days into being part of this Tesla fam (hi! everyone), so am just getting the hang of things.

Sharing my dates because for a while in October I was just wondering if it was normal to not receive the VIN at all in the expected delivery month, though my friends working at Tesla basically told me the estimated delivery times are notorious for being inaccurate. I didn't think I would only have 24 hrs notice to get everything in order, so just a heads up. Insurance is easy to add and agreements take just a few mins to sign, but the payment is a bank connection that withdraws from your account. (Or alternatively requires a cashier's check upon arrival/pickup.) So don't transfer/convert all of your cash into assets that cannot be liquidated within the same day. :)
In California you have 45 days to get coverage for your new car if you have an existing policy on another car (30 days if you don’t have existing but then you are personally liable for any damage you cause). That is something you didn’t need to worry about in your 24 hour rush. I did not have to provide a VIN when completing my profile since it recognizes you are in CA.

my estimated date changed from Feb10-Mar10 to June! Darn it! OD was 8/13 Red MYLR / 19" / tow / no FSD. I didn't know about the financing/cash payment option and was even more confused by the local sales reps. They've confirmed my profile was complete, but in reality my loan quote expired and I was pushed to end of the line. Only in October I found this forum and changed to cash pmnt. Wasted so much time :(
I feel ya, I ordered mine 8/29 but didn’t understand that profile complete meant specifying payment method. Finally, I hit cash on 11/1 and next day had March 15-April 12 and has not moved since.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
w00t! Looks like the VINsanity is coming to an end -- at least for me. Hopefully this means that other Jul/Aug #TeamRED members will get good news soon!

OD/Profile: 08/08 VIN: 11/07 NF309xxx

EDD is now 21-26 Nov. Hoping there's some flexibility there because 24-26 Nov are not an option. I'll be 400 miles from the DC at that time. 😕
congrats! Share some pics #teamred

w00t! Looks like the VINsanity is coming to an end -- at least for me. Hopefully this means that other Jul/Aug #TeamRED members will get good news soon!

EDD is now 21-26 Nov. Hoping there's some flexibility there because 24-26 Nov are not an option. I'll be 400 miles from the DC at that time. 😕
I was thinking about this earlier since I've got a 12/1 - 12/29 EDD.. they've got to have a little more leniency around the holidays than their normal "take delivery within 72 hrs or your car goes to someone else" policy.

I have the same EDD and no VIN yet.
I'm also in the 11/21-12/5 ballpark with no VIN. They should be coming soon!
My wife, who was one of the bigger Tesla skeptics with my Model S, when I jokingly mentioned that she should think about a Model 3, decided to test drive it. We ordered it that day, and she absolutely loves it. She used to roll her eyes when I would respond to her shock of a new gas price with, “is that good or bad”. Now at least weekly she says to me with a smile.
Definitely worth it imo.
Two Tesla family here and I can confirm! I was the pusher for Tesla #1 and we knew we'd get a Model 3 the second we could. (Did not want/nor could afford a second Model S back then and especially did not want (nor want to spend the dough) on a Model X when that one came out.)

My wife, who was one of the bigger Tesla skeptics with my Model S, when I jokingly mentioned that she should think about a Model 3, decided to test drive it. We ordered it that day, and she absolutely loves it. She used to roll her eyes when I would respond to her shock of a new gas price with, “is that good or bad”. Now at least weekly she says to me with a smile.
Definitely worth it imo.
Love it. You actually nudged me to book a model 3. Went with white on white and RWD. The least expensive option. Current Edd for that is showing June. Will see. Thank you for tipping me over… 😂😂

Congrats… that’s encouraging:)

I'm also in the 11/21-12/5 ballpark with no VIN. They should be coming soon!

Two Tesla family here and I can confirm! I was the pusher for Tesla #1 and we knew we'd get a Model 3 the second we could. (Did not want/nor could afford a second Model S back then and especially did not want (nor want to spend the dough) on a Model X when that one came out.)
I was ‘this close’ to being a 2 Tesla family and hubs changed his mind! 😥 But my daughter turns 16 in March & I was thinking of ordering a 3 for her….considering used are selling for more than new ones right now!!!