Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T-2 days! I cleaned out the garage today to get ready for the new arrival! I'm doing all I can to get these two days to go by. Time has gone soooo sloooow since VINday.
I know how you feel. It's like time dilation, the closer you get to delivery day, it's like the Tesla is approaching the speed of light, but you are a stationary observer. This morning was so damn slow, and I was so frustrated that I took delivery on the day that time went back from daylight savings :)

I know how you feel. It's like time dilation, the closer you get to delivery day, it's like the Tesla is approaching the speed of light, but you are a stationary observer. This morning was so damn slow, and I was so frustrated that I took delivery on the day that time went back from daylight savings :)
How was your delivery experience!? Don't forget to pay the picture tax 😂

ass
How was your delivery experience!? Don't forget to pay the picture tax 😂
I'm going to snap some pictures today :)

As for the delivery experience, it was probably about as smooth as I could have hoped for. The delivery person seemed stressed and a little overwhelmed, I kind of felt sorry for him. Apparently there were 13 deliveries scheduled yesterday, and they seemed short staffed. Also some woman came wanting to charge and she was very angry when he told her that all of the chargers were being used for delivery cars at the moment - there is a v3 supercharger two exits up from the dealership, but I think if you're heading northbound on 65 the built-in Tesla GPS sometimes routes cars to the dealership since it's listed as a supercharger. So he seemed a bit weary, but we were in and out in less than half an hour. I looked over the car, there were a few smudges of dirt but nothing a damp cloth couldn't take care of. Everything works, panels look fine to me. The one issue I didn't notice until driving it home was a rattly passenger side seat. I'm going to open the ticket shortly, going to get it out in the sunshine and go over it very closely to make sure I don't miss something. We put about 60 miles on the clock yesterday, which to put it into perspective we're only 5 miles from the dealership, and I think it had maybe 5 miles on the odometer when we took delivery (I didn't know how to find the odometer at that time).

An actual VIN # won't help. The online quote generator doesn't know that the 2022 MY exists yet. I'm on hold with Progressive trying to get quote.
She is having trouble finding a quote so I'm on eternal hold whie she gets some help.
Went through this yesterday. Had her run a 2021 Vin and use the same specs to give me a quote on a 2022. It was about the same price. It's going to take a few weeks to update their system with the new VINs

• Informative
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
After waiting over 100 days, I finally picked up my MY. Is it bittersweet that the wait is over? No more anxiety filled multiple times a day profile refreshes. Do I have to leave this thread now?

The MY drives really smooth. It has that German car solidity on the freeway. It’s also not as noisy as what I expected, based on reviews. The 20” inductions are not as rough or firm as my XC90 with 21” wheels/tires. I had only test drove the MY once, back in May, for like 20mins. I guess every sensation is considered somewhat new to me.

Now another type of anxiety has manifested. I installed the mud flaps and the rear rocker ppf. But is that enough? I ordered the ppf for the headlights and fog lights. Now I want to ppf the full hood, bumper, and fenders. I told myself I wouldn’t. Installing the rear rocker ppf was simple. It’s always like this with every new car. The first few months are the worst.

I'm going to snap some pictures today :)

As for the delivery experience, it was probably about as smooth as I could have hoped for. The delivery person seemed stressed and a little overwhelmed, I kind of felt sorry for him. Apparently there were 13 deliveries scheduled yesterday, and they seemed short staffed. Also some woman came wanting to charge and she was very angry when he told her that all of the chargers were being used for delivery cars at the moment - there is a v3 supercharger two exits up from the dealership, but I think if you're heading northbound on 65 the built-in Tesla GPS sometimes routes cars to the dealership since it's listed as a supercharger. So he seemed a bit weary, but we were in and out in less than half an hour. I looked over the car, there were a few smudges of dirt but nothing a damp cloth couldn't take care of. Everything works, panels look fine to me. The one issue I didn't notice until driving it home was a rattly passenger side seat. I'm going to open the ticket shortly, going to get it out in the sunshine and go over it very closely to make sure I don't miss something. We put about 60 miles on the clock yesterday, which to put it into perspective we're only 5 miles from the dealership, and I think it had maybe 5 miles on the odometer when we took delivery (I didn't know how to find the odometer at that time).
It's so nice to read of positive experiences! What a relief, I'm sure, for you to receive a well built car. Congrats!

I got a call from Tesla this morning and I hoped it was about early delivery, but it was a confirmation for tomorrow. My wife and I will probably do the same joyriding Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon to get familiar with the car before our road trip on Thursday. I hope there are no rattles to endure for our 10hr journey each way.

VIN assigned today! OD was only about 10 days ago. EDD moved up to Nov 12-18 with today’s VIN assignment. Only mild disappointment is that the VIN reveals this is a 2021 model. But, I’m leasing so I’m not too worried about the “older” model year.

Ordered = MYP in MSM and white interior, +tow, no FSD
Congratulations! Many of us in the MYLR waiting room can only salvate at getting any VIN number:)

That said, my interest is piqued in the way Tesla prioritizes orders due to demand being more than supply. Early this year the difference in an MYLR and MYP price was $10k, and now it is only $5k. Clearly the profit margin between the two is non existent due to the extra cost of components that go in for an MYP. So why is Tesla discouraging sales of MYLR by making earliest delivery of MYLR booked today in October and for MYP in January? Is this due to policy that was set early in the year and never reviewed even when the basis of the policy changed? Not even an MYLR with FSD, that costs more than an MYP without FSD, is given any delivery priority by Tesla. Only some one in the plant or knows some one in the plant can answer this question.

After waiting over 100 days, I finally picked up my MY. Is it bittersweet that the wait is over? No more anxiety filled multiple times a day profile refreshes. Do I have to leave this thread now?

The MY drives really smooth. It has that German car solidity on the freeway. It’s also not as noisy as what I expected, based on reviews. The 20” inductions are not as rough or firm as my XC90 with 21” wheels/tires. I had only test drove the MY once, back in May, for like 20mins. I guess every sensation is considered somewhat new to me.

Now another type of anxiety has manifested. I installed the mud flaps and the rear rocker ppf. But is that enough? I ordered the ppf for the headlights and fog lights. Now I want to ppf the full hood, bumper, and fenders. I told myself I wouldn’t. Installing the rear rocker ppf was simple. It’s always like this with every new car. The first few months are the worst.
I'm full expecting like a month-long weaning off checking this forum daily down to occasionally. And instead of profile refreshing I'll probably just obsessively open the app hah ha!

Thanks for your perspective on the ride quality. That is my biggest unknown since I haven't driven a Tesla yet but coming from decade+ old cars, it's probably not any worse.

I have the same thoughts about the protection...in my case DIY ceramic coating. I wont have enough time to let it cure before several trips throughout November, so I'll have to hope for a warmer day in December to apply it at least on the white seats.

I'm full expecting like a month-long weaning off checking this forum daily down to occasionally. And instead of profile refreshing I'll probably just obsessively open the app hah ha!

Thanks for your perspective on the ride quality. That is my biggest unknown since I haven't driven a Tesla yet but coming from decade+ old cars, it's probably not any worse.

I have the same thoughts about the protection...in my case DIY ceramic coating. I wont have enough time to let it cure before several trips throughout November, so I'll have to hope for a warmer day in December to apply it at least on the white seats.
Any recommendations for ceramic?

It's so nice to read of positive experiences! What a relief, I'm sure, for you to receive a well built car. Congrats!

I got a call from Tesla this morning and I hoped it was about early delivery, but it was a confirmation for tomorrow. My wife and I will probably do the same joyriding Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon to get familiar with the car before our road trip on Thursday. I hope there are no rattles to endure for our 10hr journey each way.
Awesome. Pictures pictures pictures of the red baby. All the best :)

So one further question: How does one report a delivery defect using the app? I scheduled service within 24 hours and there are less than 100 miles on the clock, but I saw nothing specific in there to denote that it had the problem on delivery (rattly passenger seat). Also while scheduling the service it noticed a fault condition with the passenger side restraint system. Possibly related, not sure. Anyway, earliest appointment at the local SC was Friday the 19th... a little worrisome. From a cursory glance at the forums, sounds like it might be a loose wire.

So one further question: How does one report a delivery defect using the app? I scheduled service within 24 hours and there are less than 100 miles on the clock, but I saw nothing specific in there to denote that it had the problem on delivery (rattly passenger seat). Also while scheduling the service it noticed a fault condition with the passenger side restraint system. Possibly related, not sure. Anyway, earliest appointment at the local SC was Friday the 19th... a little worrisome. From a cursory glance at the forums, sounds like it might be a loose wire.
Go to app choose service->interior -> seats leave description of your problem and notice that you just bought this car.

Go to app choose service->interior -> seats leave description of your problem and notice that you just bought this car.
I did it under rattle / squeak and noted it was in the front passenger seat. They've already sent me an estimate of $0 for the repair, so I guess it should be fine either way.

Got an updated EDD of November 22 - December 6!

I convinced myself the car was never going to arrive, and then was at peace with a delivery next year, but I’m good taking possession this year if it really happens.
Most July orders are done and now August MYLR orders are starting. Some MYLR Red, MYLR 7 seats have been pushed around. Happy visit to IL or MN:)