Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My profile pic is from Rick and Morty. They had an episode with Elon Tusk, voiced by Elon Musk, and he owned a car company called Tuskla. Great show. “Keep summer safe”

So the front bumper is no where as easy as the rocker panels. I also have front plates, NY thing, that I have to remove. I didn’t realize it had to be stretched. Where did you buy from? I ordered the headlight ppf from tesbros.
Ahh. Got it on the profile pic.
For the bumper ppf, when your tack one side and try to line up with the other side, it’s short, so I had to do the first 1/3rd and then stretch it and tack the middle then the other side. That was the hard part, trying to stretch the entire thing with one hand and squeegee with the other. A heat gun would have softened and made that a lot more stress less but now I know.
I got the PPF from DriveProtected in Canada. They supposedly use Xpel and I wanted xpel.

Last edited:
VIN assigned today! OD was only about 10 days ago. EDD moved up to Nov 12-18 with today’s VIN assignment. Only mild disappointment is that the VIN reveals this is a 2021 model. But, I’m leasing so I’m not too worried about the “older” model year.

Ordered = MYP in MSM and white interior, +tow, no FSD
MSM with white interior. Welcome aboard!

After waiting over 100 days, I finally picked up my MY. Is it bittersweet that the wait is over? No more anxiety filled multiple times a day profile refreshes. Do I have to leave this thread now?

The MY drives really smooth. It has that German car solidity on the freeway. It’s also not as noisy as what I expected, based on reviews. The 20” inductions are not as rough or firm as my XC90 with 21” wheels/tires. I had only test drove the MY once, back in May, for like 20mins. I guess every sensation is considered somewhat new to me.

Now another type of anxiety has manifested. I installed the mud flaps and the rear rocker ppf. But is that enough? I ordered the ppf for the headlights and fog lights. Now I want to ppf the full hood, bumper, and fenders. I told myself I wouldn’t. Installing the rear rocker ppf was simple. It’s always like this with every new car. The first few months are the worst.
That’s interesting. I’m in an MYLR with the Gemini wheels and it feels a bit too firm (almost a little harsh). It’s definitely quieter than my wife’s M3LR. The audio system sounds better too.

I'm probably way behind on this, but has there been a range decrease for the long range Model Y? I'd bet PatrickTM's right arm that when I ordered it said 326, but now it's saying 318. My order's on hold so I'm only checking the page sporadically, so maybe this happened a while ago, I don't know.

It doesn't seem like this would be from a switch to iron phosphate, because when that happened for the Model 3 the acceleration went down a little, and this still shows 4.8. But what do I know, I'm just another clown on the internets!

I'm probably way behind on this, but has there been a range decrease for the long range Model Y? I'd bet PatrickTM's right arm that when I ordered it said 326, but now it's saying 318. My order's on hold so I'm only checking the page sporadically, so maybe this happened a while ago, I don't know.

It doesn't seem like this would be from a switch to iron phosphate, because when that happened for the Model 3 the acceleration went down a little, and this still shows 4.8. But what do I know, I'm just another clown on the internets!
Just differentiating the mileage estimation for the tire sizes.

Warning: Below is a summary of my weekend! 😁

After a somewhat bummed out, depressed, weekend, that I went by with cleaning the house and such, I am finally back to some excitement!!
On Saturday, DCU declined me saying I have limited credit, like wth! I have had a few car loans in the past, in perfect standing and paid off satisfactorily, and a few major credit cards, some over 4 years of age, also in perfect standing, even the loan application agent acknowledged the perfect payments.
So then I applied for Tesla financing, since I was approved previously. Now with it being a weekend, it said Credit decision pending, which then led to me being bummed out, and being a Debby downer the entire weekend. I was going to start returning the accessories I had bought.
This morning, I checked my account, no changes. I forget about it and get myself busy with work. Around noon my time, about 2 hours ago, my starts going off on notifications which were from my bank alerting me of credit hits, there goes my credit! I check my email, and there is a new email indicator in the Tesla folder. I am going in with low expectations, while refreshing my account page.

I HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!! Picking up my beauty tomorrow instead of Wednesday!! 😁
And yes I was doing the happy dance around the house, and my brother is walking behind me going "excuse me!" he was going to give me a hug when my happy dance took a swing and ignored him lol. 😄

Thank you for reading 🤗

Warning: Below is a summary of my weekend! 😁

After a somewhat bummed out, depressed, weekend, that I went by with cleaning the house and such, I am finally back to some excitement!!
On Saturday, DCU declined me saying I have limited credit, like wth! I have had a few car loans in the past, in perfect standing and paid off satisfactorily, and a few major credit cards, some over 4 years of age, also in perfect standing, even the loan application agent acknowledged the perfect payments.
So then I applied for Tesla financing, since I was approved previously. Now with it being a weekend, it said Credit decision pending, which then led to me being bummed out, and being a Debby downer the entire weekend. I was going to start returning the accessories I had bought.
This morning, I checked my account, no changes. I forget about it and get myself busy with work. Around noon my time, about 2 hours ago, my starts going off on notifications which were from my bank alerting me of credit hits, there goes my credit! I check my email, and there is a new email indicator in the Tesla folder. I am going in with low expectations, while refreshing my account page.

I HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!! Picking up my beauty tomorrow instead of Wednesday!! 😁
And yes I was doing the happy dance around the house, and my brother is walking behind me going "excuse me!" he was going to give me a hug when my happy dance took a swing and ignored him lol. 😄

Thank you for reading 🤗
dam that's wild DCU rejected you .... what rate did you end up getting from Tesla?

@thecavalry @morpheus2969 and @TatisJr are spot on. It does not seem like there’s any battery/drivetrain changes, just more precise reporting of EPA ranges. But Model 3 RWD did get the LFP battery and is no longer called Standard Range. To be fair it is also no longer priced as a Standard Range 😩

I don’t know, to me EPA range is BS until they agree to one single standard for rating cars, and no longer allow manufacturers to adjust their own correction factors. Cruising at 75 mph, one shouldn’t be able to get 50 miles more than EPA rating in a Taycan and not be able to attain EPA range in a Tesla. I fear right now it just confuses people who are not EV nerds.

Last edited:
Ahh. Got it on the profile pic.
For the bumper ppf, when your tack one side and try to line up with the other side, it’s short, so I had to do the first 1/3rd and then stretch it and tack the middle then the other side. That was the hard part, trying to stretch the entire thing with one hand and squeegee with the other. A heat gun would have softened and made that a lot more stress less but now I know.
I got the PPF from DriveProtected in Canada. They supposedly use Xpel and I wanted xpel.
Wow! That is a lot of hard work! Mad respect for DIYing your own front bumper PPF.

Also, I think it’s so interesting your observation about your kids finding the sound of a combustion engine weird and unusual after living with an EV! I think soon there will be a whole generation of people who will have no experience with combustion engines, just like how we currently have a whole generation of people who have no experience with manual transmissions. The times they are a-changing!

Still waiting 🥲 OD:07/22 WHITE WITH BLACK INTERIOR MYLR7
Estimated Delivery: November 20 - December 04

I am without car since school started, my senior in high school takes my car. I drop my wife to work whenever I need a car. Feeling really handicapped.
Still Waiting too. OD: 7/26WHITE WITH BLACK INTERIOR MYLR5
EDD: November 13 - December 11. It is still 28 days window. Do I need to see 14 days EDD windows before I get VIN?

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Wow! That is a lot of hard work! Mad respect for DIYing your own front bumper PPF.

Also, I think it’s so interesting your observation about your kids finding the sound of a combustion engine weird and unusual after living with an EV! I think soon there will be a whole generation of people who will have no experience with combustion engines, just like how we currently have a whole generation of people who have no experience with manual transmissions. The times they are a-changing!
Let me tell you, I was sore for a couple of days, lol but it looks really good. You can’t tell there’s a film on it even on the parts I had to cut off due to overlap and what not.

I sure miss stick shift and you’re right, it’s only a matter of time before kids look at ICE cars like antique cars that make noise. Lol