Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly pretty sad. Do they honestly think that the people that can afford these cars are just sitting around waiting on them and can react within 36 hours to pick up a car. They have to be joking. I understand the line is a mile long to buy the car that you turn down but this is just plain ridiculous.
Yes, that could very well be the expectation. Right now someone else will take the car, they don’t have a demand issue, even with BBB bill up in the air.

Actually yes I'm one of the people sitting around 'hitting F5' just waiting for a delivery offer. I ordered MYP because I'm impatient. It is frustrating watching people discuss putting off taking delivery for reasons not related to their ability to take delivery. Please send the vehicles my way!
I would have done the same but don’t want the 21” wheels.

Reactions: samori01
Actually yes I'm one of the people sitting around 'hitting F5' just waiting for a delivery offer. I ordered MYP because I'm impatient. It is frustrating watching people discuss putting off taking delivery for reasons not related to their ability to take delivery. Please send the vehicles my way!
So I am one who has been waiting patiently for now 120 days (I realize there are people who have waited much longer. If I get my car after you all, I have no qualms about it...it is just the randomness of it all). I don't find it frustrating that people are putting off taking delivery; however, I do find it frustrating that Tesla is seemingly sending them multiple VINs to get them to take delivery when there are people who are waiting who want to take delivery. In addition, while I have been patiently waiting I have made plans with family who are not waiting for this vehicle. While I love the company (I am, what I like to call, a discerning Tesla fan), I realize the CEO does have faults, as does the company. One of my main issues with them now is this you have 3 days to take delivery or you lose it. If this was a 4-week wait...then maybe I understand; however, there are people from June who still haven't gotten their cars, and did not put them on hold. You mean to say that if they went on vacation and will be back in 6 days you can't hold the car for them?? That is utterly ridiculous!

Yes. 3 days to take delivery is very tight. Should be like 7 days. People need to get loan and insurance and etc. I am sure after all things are ready people will get the car ASAP. We all waited a long time for it. however I understand if it’s end of quarter or year where they don’t want to miss the deadline.

So I am one who has been waiting patiently for now 120 days (I realize there are people who have waited much longer. If I get my car after you all, I have no qualms about it...it is just the randomness of it all). I don't find it frustrating that people are putting off taking delivery; however, I do find it frustrating that Tesla is seemingly sending them multiple VINs to get them to take delivery when there are people who are waiting who want to take delivery. In addition, while I have been patiently waiting I have made plans with family who are not waiting for this vehicle. While I love the company (I am, what I like to call, a discerning Tesla fan), I realize the CEO does have faults, as does the company. One of my main issues with them now is this you have 3 days to take delivery or you lose it. If this was a 4-week wait...then maybe I understand; however, there are people from June who still haven't gotten their cars, and did not put them on hold. You mean to say that if they went on vacation and will be back in 6 days you can't hold the car for them?? That is utterly ridiculous!
I absolutely agree 100% with everything you said!

Reactions: samori01
I have two orders, one with EDD of Feb 11 to Mar 11, and order #2 that's been TBD for weeks.

Got a phone call today regarding order #2, it's ready to be picked up. NOW. TODAY. They said I can take it or leave it (no cancellation threat), but he has to schedule me within the next 30 minutes for this afternoon or tomorrow. Guy on the phone was nice about it but damn, that's some serious pressure for me to get funding, insurance, etc. figured out as I am multitasking trying to get work competed and pack to fly to the west coast, leaving town tomorrow. He sent me a text right after the call, and I texted back respectfully asking to wait for the next VIN if possible, ideally one with more than a few minutes of advance notice, so I can reschedule my work, take leave, etc. to make the drive to the delivery center.

No response. Hmm...
Ok that’s crazy. I hear 1 week notice or a few days but same day? I thought their window was 3 days. They probably had a reject that they needed to move.

Ok that’s crazy. I hear 1 week notice or a few days but same day? I thought their window was 3 days. They probably had a reject that they needed to move.
Yup, totally crazy! I'm heading to the airport at 5pm today, and yesterday I literally thought to myself, okay so should I make the 3 hour drive (Boston to Mt Kisco, NY) Friday morning, drive 3 hours home, pray for no issues at delivery center, no traffic, etc. and get to the airport on time? All the while making my wife do the majority of the road trip so I can work in the car? Then common sense hit me and I was like, what am I even thinking, that's insane.

Tesla wants to move an inventory car and I just need to pack and finish my work. The 48 hour schedule deadline is clearly something my life/job/family cannot accommodate.

Update here to my rollercoaster. Yesterday - showed Delivery date Dec 14-19, please schedule delivery. Today it says “your delivery is on hold”. Open account, says “Hold till Jan 4”, with the “I am Ready” button. Hopefully this hold holds, and I can go about relaxing on my time off.

so another data point for you all. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

• Funny
Reactions: pgcoco and leaftoy