Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that is seriously f***ing ridiculous! I feel for you. That is no way for any company to treat a customer.

Tesla supposedly supports of free market capitalism (anti-union, anti-dealership, etc.), but only to the extent that it's advantageous for them, not the customer. For all the buzz about breaking the rules, shaking up the status quo, they're actually no different than any other car company. Oh well, I thought they were different. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was fooled.

Sorry for the negativity, maybe it's just Monday or maybe it's my unresponsive SA.
You nailed it. I thought T was diff but all businesses fall into the same corp culture eventually. It’s about profits and targets..not about the customer. I used to praise Tesla for being different, leading the industry (they still do in their product …ain’t gonna lie) but I’ve watched their service steadily decline to worst service than an old used car lot.

The SC I goto is phenomenal through. I have to say for the record. The team there is solid. They do go out of their way often to clean up messes caused actually by manuf, repair parts delivery, corporate issues etc. and they work hard.

Tesla the company at head office…diff story. This experience is making us rethink Tesla period. It’s been 6 long years of full support and multiple Teslas…maybe it’s time we move on now 😞 will see what our SA and SC can do but if they can’t and T is so entrenched in their messed up thinking, then it’s prob time for us to spend our $ and take out business elsewhere. Sad.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Electrician told me that since garage has finished walls, not bare walls, it was not needed.
He was potentially incorrect on the 240v outlet. A garage is a GFCI location regardless of walls. Just depends what year your jurisdiction follows.

Source: NEC

He was potentially incorrect on the 240v outlet. A garage is a GFCI location regardless of walls. Just depends what year your jurisdiction follows.

Source: NEC

Pretty sure my village adopted the latest and well, I didn’t get it😩

for chargers, my electrician opted to install a new sub-panel rather than run copper from the otherside of the home where the main breaker is. Apparently this was a lot cheaper than running copper the entire way, which would have requires 100+ feet of cable

So I sent in my explanation as to how Tesla is in error on this and follow up email will be coming from the SC to support it…and we get back ‘our contention stands. Case is now closed. There is nothing more from Teslas end. Sorry for the inconvenience.’

That’s it? So now our family is branded ‘flippers’ because we wanted to switch a trim level on a Y. This company is going to the dogs if this is how they are going to treat their customers. I’ve supported Tesla from early days referred over 10-12 model S\X, over 20 model 3’s and was literally a tesla brand ambassador at a few auto shows in 2016/2017.

So here we are with one model 3…fulfilling half of what the family needs and a sanction on ever buying a Tesla (from Tesla) ever again. Is this even real?
Wow, very harsh!! Are you banned forever? They won't let you buy another Tesla ever? Or you don't want to given this experience?

Wow, very harsh!! Are you banned forever? They won't let you buy another Tesla ever? Or you don't want to given this experience?
yes and … yes 😞See why I find this incredulous? A company that can’t even see through their own automated system ai report or whatever generated our account into it…to them it’s infallible. Cannot make a mistake.

I’m a 47 old husb, father of 2 teens…wonderful wife and an accounting professional turned mortgage broker. Wife’s a lawyer. We aren’t car sellers lol. The absurdity of this is also upsetting.

I can buy a tesla from any 3rd party dealer or private…just never again from Tesla itself. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️ Every time I see a Y on the road…my teeth clench and my bp goes up lol.

I kept seeing all of these people getting VINs. MSM, White, Blue, Red…where was Black. I checked three times this morning and decided to check one more time…..
1643057485208.gif

I couldn’t believe my eyes…after 159 days…I got a VIN!!

32B8E0B4-20E6-4263-A6FC-BE8073AF78D4.jpeg
Haha, congrats!

yes and … yes 😞See why I find this incredulous? A company that can’t even see through their own automated system ai report or whatever generated our account into it…to them it’s infallible. Cannot make a mistake.

I’m a 47 old husb, father of 2 teens…wonderful wife and an accounting professional turned mortgage broker. Wife’s a lawyer. We aren’t car sellers lol. The absurdity of this is also upsetting.

I can buy a tesla from any 3rd party dealer or private…just never again from Tesla itself. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️ Every time I see a Y on the road…my teeth clench and my bp goes up lol.
It’s unfortunate when you see a policy designed to protect the typical retail consumer end up totally failing in a totally legit use case. Such bull$&@!, I’m sorry this happened to you.

Maybe check out Rivian and their R1S.

Wow, just wow. That’s some exclusive club Tesla has. Banned for having the gall to sell your own car. This is really short sighted for Tesla, especially with so many interesting EVs just coming to market. A few years from now when they have two fully operational North American factories capable of producing thousands of cars a day, these 6 month wait times will be a thing of the past and they will need to compete again to continue to attract new customers to their brand. If I had the experience you described, I would take a break from Tesla. Personally I don’t have a Tesla yet but have a Y and a Mach-E on order, and every time I hear another story of Tesla’s arrogance to its customers (and folks like you who have been a loyal customer) I get turned off and lean toward buying the Mach-E. The playing field isn’t empty anymore, go test drive another brand.

It’s pretty simple...from the top down this is a company that cares greatly about technology and is very very very good at at. But it struggles with every aspect of human contact. Every last one. Orders, service, marketing, communications to the public about what the company is doing...

More broadly, at the top of the list about what Tesla doesn’t understand is: This isn’t a zero sum game. They COULD be good at all of these things. Especially given their resources. But it takes someone at or near the top who is interested people rather than machines.

I am BG too. Do you know any paint protection folks near by. Also since it’s close to Highland Park showroom they will deliver it to our place If you opt for it.
I had looked at a few PPF places but think I am going to pass on it. I thought when I tried picking home delivery, it told me it was not available. I think I may want to go to HP and pick it up, take my time looking it over first.

It’s pretty simple...from the top down this is a company that cares greatly about technology and is very very very good at at. But it struggles with every aspect of human contact. Every last one. Orders, service, marketing, communications to the public about what the company is doing...

More broadly, at the top of the list about what Tesla doesn’t understand is: This isn’t a zero sum game. They COULD be good at all of these things. Especially given their resources. But it takes someone at or near the top who is interested people rather than machines.
Nailed it. I’m torn now as this specifically affected my wife and her account…not mine.
I could technically re-order another Y on my account only. But we would lose the 8-9k price advantage and an LR would now be 5-6 months wait over a P which is literally 6 weeks.

Torn as my family is used to tesla now. It’s been 6 yrs and that’s what we are used to. Every time we get into another vehicle, we always come back to T. The kids love the music ease, the karaoke, wife loves the instant traffic updates and listening to her podcasts, we get used to using autopilot to assist and more comfortable drinking that coffee, love the sound system, the power…even our home wall charger is the black Elon Musk signature edition for referral prize (ya I referred a lot).

So dilemma. While we continue to fight this through out SA, manager of our SC, my disgust at all this is conflicted by what I know the family still wants. It’s the classic love the car…hate the company scenario.

That’s the kicker…fk you Tesla for being a bad, abusive but still hot girlfriend. argh.

Last edited:
Wow, just wow. That’s some exclusive club Tesla has. Banned for having the gall to sell your own car. This is really short sighted for Tesla, especially with so many interesting EVs just coming to market. A few years from now when they have two fully operational North American factories capable of producing thousands of cars a day, these 6 month wait times will be a thing of the past and they will need to compete again to continue to attract new customers to their brand. If I had the experience you described, I would take a break from Tesla. Personally I don’t have a Tesla yet but have a Y and a Mach-E on order, and every time I hear another story of Tesla’s arrogance to its customers (and folks like you who have been a loyal customer) I get turned off and lean toward buying the Mach-E. The playing field isn’t empty anymore, go test drive another brand.
Agreed. I remember our first early 2016 blue 90D…what a gorgeous machine. We had a bow tied around it, we had a group of 5 staff around taking pictures with us, they spent over an hour explaining every single function on the screen, another 20 min going around the car and any defects they had a buffer guy standing right there on the spot, service would drop off a loaner to our house while service being done, they actually had a ph number to speak to someone…autopilot had no nags…oh the days of feeling like a valued customer. Now? ‘here’s your car…any issues make a service appt. have a nice day.’

The arrogance with monopolistic thinking is amazing. Furious at Tesla. Still love the car. Damn.

Pics of our first in 2016…they say you never forget your first lol.

Attachments

• 2C08C7DB-2B83-4D0D-86B0-BAC8B664E306.jpeg
    2C08C7DB-2B83-4D0D-86B0-BAC8B664E306.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 234
  • 39830E5D-0B12-487F-82FA-47F9BC6CEB6B.jpeg
    39830E5D-0B12-487F-82FA-47F9BC6CEB6B.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 51
  • C89899FB-9A64-4A21-AB45-7F1804EF5257.jpeg
    C89899FB-9A64-4A21-AB45-7F1804EF5257.jpeg
    577.2 KB · Views: 52