Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. I remember our first early 2016 blue 90D…what a gorgeous machine. We had a bow tied around it, we had a group of 5 staff around taking pictures with us, they spent over an hour explaining every single function on the screen, another 20 min going around the car and any defects they had a buffer guy standing right there on the spot, service would drop off a loaner to our house while service being done, they actually had a ph number to speak to someone…autopilot had no nags…oh the days of feeling like a valued customer. Now? ‘here’s your car…any issues make a service appt. have a nice day.’

The arrogance with monopolistic thinking is amazing. Furious at Tesla. Still love the car. Damn.

Pics of our first in 2016…they say you never forget your first lol.
@Destiny1701, I don't think it can be overstated how critical the Tesla early adopters were. Pre-autopilot Model S buyers really took a huge leap of faith and accepted a lot of risk buying an EV from an unknown and unproven company, at a time when EVs were essentially R&D science projects and DCFC meant a Nissan Leaf pulling 40kw and waiting for 2 hours...instead of 10 hours on an EVSE. Without people like you buying (multiple) Teslas back then, demoing to others, referring customers, etc. there would not be a Model Y for me to obsess about. So it definitely rubs me the wrong way that Tesla is banning OG customers like you from doing what you've always done - buy Teslas.

Any updates on the status of your account?

Last edited:
Elon confirmed 4680 and structural pack out of Texas very soon, as soon as certification is done. Does that mean everyone will be rejecting deliveries till Austin deliveries start?

There needs to be more clarification if Fremont will just not produce Ys anymore and just build 3s, Xs and Ss so customers can know what to expect and how the cars will be different in terms of range when compared to 2170? Will they come with a smaller pack to match the range of the 2170s?

Elon confirmed 4680 and structural pack out of Texas very soon, as soon as certification is done. Does that mean everyone will be rejecting deliveries till Austin deliveries start?

There needs to be more clarification if Fremont will just not produce Ys anymore and just build 3s, Xs and Ss so customers can know what to expect and how the cars will be different in terms of range when compared to 2170? Will they come with a smaller pack to match the range of the 2170s?
I hope people reject vins so I can get mine. Lol

My panel is in same place, but my guy didn't mention this. One quote I got; electrician told me I needed to install a GFCI breaker to be compliant. The one that did the work for me said, If I want one sure, but not required. Said other guy just wanted to charge me more.
I am not an electrician, but from my looking into it, NEC 2020 requires 14-50 plugs to have GFCI breakers. It was optional for the 2017 version of the NEC. In other words, some states have adopted 2017 NEC and don't require GFCI for 14-50 plugs, others do. Tennessee is on 2017 and doesn't require GFCI. Most states are on the 2017 version or older, and it looks like Illinois is mostly 2008, but Chicago has implemented some bits of 2017. I'm not sure if that involves the GFCI requirement for 14-50 outlets. Eventually, all 14-50 outlets will probably be required to have a GFCI outlet, but as long as it's compliant with codes today where you are, it should be grandfathered in.

Last edited:
I kept seeing all of these people getting VINs. MSM, White, Blue, Red…where was Black. I checked three times this morning and decided to check one more time…..
1643057485208.gif

I couldn’t believe my eyes…after 159 days…I got a VIN!!

32B8E0B4-20E6-4263-A6FC-BE8073AF78D4.jpeg
Woooooo!

Congrats man!

ya, reading and I think my village adopted it
I am not an electrician, but from my looking into it, NEC 2020 requires 14-50 plugs to have GFCI breakers. It was optional for the 2017 version of the NEC. In other words, some states have adopted 2017 NEC and don't require GFCI for 14-50 plugs, others do. Tennessee is on 2017 and doesn't require GFCI. Most states are on the 2017 version or older, and it looks like Illinois is mostly 2008, but Chicago has implemented some bits of 2017. I'm not sure if that involves the GFCI requirement for 14-50 outlets. Eventually, all 14-50 outlets will probably be required to have a GFCI outlet, but as long as it's compliant with codes today where you are, it should be grandfathered in.

Agreed. Like Mercedes does when you purchase. They make you sign a min 1 yr ownership or owe the dealer 25k damages etc.

From what I’ve learned now through all this is given the used crazy inflated used market, there are quite a few dealers trying to buy cars directly and flip them for insane profit. I see what Tesla is trying to do. Have some metric in place to catch those who are buying their cars for other than end use…I get it. Not sure if the other party you mentioned sold specifically for profit…but that wasn’t the primary motivation here. It was great to earn one but we ended up buying a more expensive Y anyway and decided to use some of that extra $ to put down more $ up front and keep our payment similar.

Someone at head office needs to revisit this policy as it’s screwing with regular buyers who simply want to upgrade or sell their car and get another. That’s not a crime! I hope one day they realize their metrics were way too strict. Maybe when they start seeing declining quarterly sales someone will wake up 🤦🏽‍♂️
Try taking them to arbitration in the contract it says tesla pats for it. I am doing the same thing

What’s missing here is an effective appeal process. It took less than a minute for all of us on TMC to figure out that @Destiny1701 didn’t place his new order with the intent of flipping it. Is there no one at Tesla who has the power to reverse this mistake who can also see the error here?
Try taking them to arbitration in the contract it says tesla pats for it. I am doing the same thing

Tesla pays their firm. Send a demand letter to legal it works. Their intern will negotiate with you and you can file in small claims regardless this may get what you want without wasting time in the arbitration. I suggest everyone opt out of the arbitration before delivery.

@Destiny1701, I don't think it can be overstated how critical the Tesla early adopters were. Pre-autopilot Model S buyers really took a huge leap of faith and accepted a lot of risk buying an EV from an unknown and unproven company, at a time when EVs were essentially R&D science projects and DCFC meant a Nissan Leaf pulling 40kw and waiting for 2 hours...instead of 10 hours on an EVSE. Without people like you buying (multiple) Teslas back then, demoing to others, referring customers, etc. there would not be a Model Y for me to obsess about. So it definitely rubs me the wrong way that Tesla is banning OG customers like you from doing what you've always done - buy Teslas.

Any updates on the status of your account?
Thanks PartrickTM…appreciate the comments..truly. I wish Tesla felt the same way.
We purchased Tesla long before people used to know what a Tesla was even lol. I remember not being able to drive the S anywhere without being stopped multiple times. Parking lots at grocery we’d come out and there would be 6-8 people around it snapping pics lol. Starbucks driverhru? Omg lol. The staff would ask if I could pull over and wait for my drink so they could all come outside lol. 😂

Update I’ll be going in to speak to our SC’s Manager by tomorrow as I have it about 4-5 days before following up. I haven’t heard much of anything really since the last email from Tesla saying ‘case closed…nothing more on our end, further emails may not me replied to, apologize for the inconvenience this has caused’. That’s it.😞

In between all this is given me time to consider options. Started looking at the Ioniq 5…the new BMW iX coming, the Audi Etron…basically figuring out if there truly are compelling competitors out there and would the family be ok with other. Also considered buying an2018/2019 used S…it’s around the same price budget as a new P MY.

I’ll post an update as soon as I have one…thx again for the kind words bud.

Thanks PartrickTM…appreciate the comments..truly. I wish Tesla felt the same way.
We purchased Tesla long before people used to know what a Tesla was even lol. I remember not being able to drive the S anywhere without being stopped multiple times. Parking lots at grocery we’d come out and there would be 6-8 people around it snapping pics lol. Starbucks driverhru? Omg lol. The staff would ask if I could pull over and wait for my drink so they could all come outside lol. 😂

Update I’ll be going in to speak to our SC’s Manager by tomorrow as I have it about 4-5 days before following up. I haven’t heard much of anything really since the last email from Tesla saying ‘case closed…nothing more on our end, further emails may not me replied to, apologize for the inconvenience this has caused’. That’s it.😞

In between all this is given me time to consider options. Started looking at the Ioniq 5…the new BMW iX coming, the Audi Etron…basically figuring out if there truly are compelling competitors out there and would the family be ok with other. Also considered buying an2018/2019 used S…it’s around the same price budget as a new P MY.

Was your deposit refunded?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Tesla pays their firm. Send a demand letter to legal it works. Their intern will negotiate with you and you can file in small claims regardless this may get what you want without wasting time in the arbitration. I suggest everyone opt out of the arbitration before delivery.
I’ll speak to our lawyer if this doesn’t resolve with Sc support. Thx for suggestion. 👍🏽

Reactions: samori01

Well, please let us know what you end up going with! Ioniq 5 is awesome, based on the videos I’ve seen so far. So is Kia EV6, which is basically the same thing but with marginally larger, with a proportionally larger battery and motor to compensate. iX would be a beast! So while choices are limited, it’s certainly not “Tesla or nothing” anymore. I do wish you luck in getting the Tesla situation resolved though. I fear that local store employees are powerless against Big Tesla decisions, but I’ll cross my fingers for you.