Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, super new here so these may have already been answered. Has anyone else’s account gone from saying a tentative date to the generic 5-9 weeks? My original date was supposedly May 21-June 14 but I have yet to get a VIN and my SA never responds to me. I have reached out to the dealership and they said they won’t know anything until I’m assigned a VIN. Also, I’ve been seeing a ton of articles about looking at the page source to see if your VIN is assigned. Does anyone know if that’s real or just BS?
Here’s the link: How to reveal your Tesla VIN number before it's in your account - Electrek
Anyone that already has their VIN should try out the page source thing and see if it actually works. I’m interested to know if this is just BS

^^ Seems like only people outside of CA get any sort of unsolicited, proactive, or even automated communication from Tesla. Anyone in CA ever get anything like that or is just me who’s out on my own.
I’m in Wexford PA and I can promise you my SA has never responded to me and the responses from the dealer are extremely short and not at all helpful. It’s not just CA.

I went inside to talk to an SA who looked in his computer and said it should be here June 2. I ordered 4/12 and currently show dates of May 23- June 13th.

On the way home I stopped at the Sherman Oaks store where I placed the order and spoke to my SA. She looked in the computer and also said I had a June 2 build date.
Anyway, I’m not holding my breath but June 2nd would be nice!
A future build date? If you have a build date, then by definition don’t you also have an associated VIN? 🤔

Last edited: