Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
East coaster here with my dates and SA update.

Order placed: 4/5
Pickup location: Paramus, NJ
Current delivery window from website: 6/16-6/30

I pinged my SA yesterday for a delivery update and asked about firmware updates, delays, and my expected delivery. She shared that on her side she saw that my Y was on track to have a VIN assigned by the end of May for a delivery in the first 2 weeks of June.

The SAs details fall more in line with Tesla delivering from east to west coast at the end of the quarter but could also just be blowing smoke. She did confirm that my Y has not been built yet.
I'm right there with ya! ordered 4/7, same pickup location. My SA from NYC won't even return my emails...

• Funny
Reactions: Brokenindu
I heard back from my operations manager today “Thanks for reaching out! But we are inching closer to being able to release the car we have for you from service. We received a possible solution firmware yesterday and are waiting on confirmation from service. So its looking like it could be any day now! But as of right now, I will keep you posted as soon as everything is ready for you!”
I am picking up from Bloomington as well. I asked for a couple of pictures yesterday and they said they weren't allowed to go near the cars until the containment hold had been lifted 😏 My SA has been somewhat responsive/information. Who have you been dealing with?

I am picking up from Bloomington as well. I asked for a couple of pictures yesterday and they said they weren't allowed to go near the cars until the containment hold had been lifted 😏 My SA has been somewhat responsive/information. Who have you been dealing with?
umm whut? for real?

Did you talk to Phil over there? cool guy but quit texting back lol I assumed that maybe the texts are generated through Tesla site, and my communications are just going into oblivion. lol

What was your order date?

Rumors say that new Y's will have v4 supercharging capability
I realize that 4680s are unlikely at best, but I wonder if this could lean into that too. Wasn't one of the "plusses" of the 4680 that it could handle a higher load/quicker charge without wearing excessively?

ETA:
from Everything You Need To Know About Tesla's New 4680 Battery Cell

Eliminating the tab on each cell “removes the thermal problem from the equation and allows us to go to the absolute lowest cost form factor and the simplest manufacturing process,” Baglino said.

Focusing on the thermal benefits of the tabless design of Tesla’s new 4680 cell, the new design enables the larger diameter cells to achieve thermal characteristics similar to those of a smaller cell. Said another way, they stay as cool as smaller cells, enabling Tesla to cram more power into the same physical volume.

Larger tabbed cells have historically struggled to shed heat at very fast charging speeds. Tesla’s new cell disrupts the trend, charging nearly as fast as a smaller cell, while bringing all the benefits of a larger cell to the table. Tesla was able to take the best of both worlds, completely disrupting the small but growing world of automotive battery cell production.

Last edited:
Reactions: Platini
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 10.10.01 AM.png

This was what I received today. Order date was 4/12.

View attachment 666048
This was what I received today. Order date was 4/12.
"this is an estimate and can shift in either direction" is the key point meaning delivery date is a black hole so you just have to wait until they contact you. Truth is the people working at the Tesla service centers and stores don't know much more than we do as far as when we will be getting a delivery. They just tell you what they can hoping you stop asking. I went into the Tesla store last week to ask in person about the status of my car and they said I should be getting contacted within a week. Well it's been over a week and never got contacted.

Hi all,

Been lurking here a while, refreshing my Tesla account page over and over again just like the rest of you! Finally decided to join in the fun. Ordered my MY on 4/30. Trading in a 2016 Kia Sorento (what a POS that was/is) and got financing through Wells Fargo. As many of the rest of you have experienced, my SA has been absolutely horrible in responding to my inquiries. One trick you can use to get them to respond after you've been ignored with a "Are you okay?" message. If you apply a little genuine concern for their well-being, assuming their lack of response being due to something being wrong, you are much more likely to get a response. Unfortunately this little "trick" only works once typically, so use it wisely ;-)

One question I do have for the community here is regarding trade-ins. My mother is actually a cosigner on my current vehicle, but will not be on the Tesla. I've been told that she will need to be present for the pick up day as she needs to sign off on the trade in or whatever. Is that true or is there some way to handle it where she can be remote? She lives out of state so I'd rather not have to worry about getting her in town on short notice once delivery day is here.

Reactions: dsandhu
I ordered from Lawrence location on April 16th and no VIN with EDD show 5 - 9 weeks from day one. Just asked my SA for some updates. my SA is super nice but he have no additional information other than wait at this point of time. He even said that the estimated waiting time could be up to 12 weeks :(. But again, it's just estimate, it could be sooner or later...
I've ordered in Montreal on April 24 , I had dates before, last was June 16 - 30 and then disappeared, and now for 3 weeks I just have 3-7 weeks displayed