Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll report back

I'm wondering if they are possibly just being slow then, but it's hard to tell from the relatively small sample size that is this forum. Still would like to get information on the actual numbers currently at that location though.
I will swing by the KC location this afternoon and see what the lot looks like. Was hoping to schedule another test drive this afternoon but the site keeps trying to schedule me in Lincoln, NE so I gave up.

Reactions: Gor-Gor
As someone who ordered on the same date and location, but still has 3-13 weeks........................................................................
happy for you. 🥳
Again, this is likely a case of a quick match due to someone else not buying that car after a previous match. If your build date is well before your order date, it’s a good sign you got a rematch. Not an issue, just means someone couldn’t pay, was on vacation, etc. This is also why these VINs seem more dated than the 200s we are seeing now. Something in the 180s, for example, was probably an April build.

Took delivery on Friday! New headlights No PPF or mud flaps.
20210528_203053.jpg

Attachments

• 20210528_203028.jpg
    20210528_203028.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 54
Honestly, I never use the lumbar in my X and have never had a passenger ask about adjusting theirs. The Tesla seats are great. Does it suck Tesla does *sugar* like this unannounced? Absolutely. They’re also not forcing you to buy it if no lumbar is a deal killer.

But they also give us high speed USB C, better consoles, heated steering, flash drives for sentry mode, etc without notice, as I said before. It’s just Tesla.

This is the way.
This is the way

What I am understanding here is I want the following to happen:

1) My EDD of 6/13-6/30 needs to disappear

2) EDD replaced by 3-13 weeks nonsense

3) Prepare for VIN and pick up within days of #2.

Perfect order of operations. Not exactly as clear as PEMDAS, but I will take it! Soon, hopefully!
LOL I was just doing the same calculations in my head trying to figure out how long from the different EDD changes to VIN timelines are...

Reactions: casey1202
What I am understanding here is I want the following to happen:

1) My EDD of 6/13-6/30 needs to disappear

2) EDD replaced by 3-13 weeks nonsense

3) Prepare for VIN and pick up within days of #2.

Perfect order of operations. Not exactly as clear as PEMDAS, but I will take it! Soon, hopefully!
On step two. On day two of step 3. Updating about every 6 minutes

Might not be perfect but better than nothing right?

I mean would it even make sense for them to remove the entire system from the seats? I feel like that would be way more costly than simply removing the button and consolidating the operations to the screen. The front seats are identical. Creating one with and one without just seems like a complexity that Tesla would avoid. They already have wiring from the central system to the seat to power the heat. The harness is there.

My fingers are crossed that in an upcoming update they add screen controls for lumbar just like with the heated seats, effectively eliminating the need for the vestigial button on the drivers side too.
Remember that Tesla already controls the drivers seat via the MCU with driver profiles and easy entry.

My guess is that the V11 update will add the ability to change lumbar for both seats via the screen. They might have run into a parts shortage and decided to ship them without the button because they were moving it to the MCU anyways.

Remember that Tesla already controls the drivers seat via the MCU with driver profiles and easy entry.

My guess is that the V11 update will add the ability to change lumbar for both seats via the screen. They might have run into a parts shortage and decided to ship them without the button because they were moving it to the MCU anyways.
Here’s a fun theory: the missing part that some of the MYs were waiting for, but could be installed by the delivery centers… lumbar button covers…

You might find it under there. From what I have read, seems to be at 100% success once the accept Tesla Vision page pops up for those that didn't get the VIN showing on the main page once accepting.
Also, there’s no risk here. They present the data to your computer, you’re not hacking or anything (insert hacker meme here). It’s just not normally rendered onscreen.
This exploit has been open for at least 2 years. If they cared to fix it they would.

Musk said (believe it was in last earnings call) that they were able to mitigate some of the impact of the chip shortage by transitioning some functionality that required a controller over to software. Which may back up the theory of moving the lumbar controls into MCU.

Reactions: Emmadiane